The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Stay safe man, I know I wouldn't want to leave my home with that going on but hard when you have a family to keep them there too.
Yeah i couldnt iagine having to leave, but if we have to leave we have no choice. Atleast the wind died down. They shut down more roads and evacuated more folks. Helicoptors are all over the place dumping water. I now see how the people in California feel at times.

for PUDVAH our newsest coolest member:D
this all i got, but looking good glad to see you around here cheers:)
PUDVAH LOGO FIRE.gif
PUDVAH RABBIT LOGO.png

pudvah gun l 1 1 1.png
pudvah jet m.jpg
pudvah ok.jpg
pudvah shrek.gif
pudvah h gif.gif

Last edited:
It was a pretty cool day today. I don't know if any of you guys follow them but the American Picker guys were driving all around my area today. Seen them around lunch time asking folks if they knew of any places to look.

Reactions: harley1-5
It was a pretty cool day today. I don't know if any of you guys follow them but the American Picker guys were driving all around my area today. Seen them around lunch time asking folks if they knew of any places to look.

Haha I actually met them a few months ago. I saw there van and camera crew and pulled over and talked to them for a few mins. Really cool dudes

Reactions: harley1-5
has anyone bought moog ball joints for truck/car from a local auto parts store/opposed to online?? same part exactly# and all.....
im really pissed that i dropped 180 bucks on 1 upper 1 lower only to find out they are $85 for both shipped online?
tomorrow summin is going down....full refund...or property damage:D
the local garages say that carquest is there main good auto parts store and i wanted the best ball joint except the oem non greasable ones.
i did call several/all auto parts stores and they all said about 80 bucks for 1 of them,but when i got the part number internet is showing 39.97 for the 81.99 i was charged.......im very unhappy at this moment...Dealer also said it was a 2 1/2 hour job eff that im doing it lol.
but origional ? what have people paid for there car/truck ball joints with good sucesss and im not paying $80 bucks for a $40 dollar part that i mistaking did today:(

Ha, my chrysler 300... Dealer said lower a-arm was bad, part price $350, install labor $350. I paid $100 online, and put it in in the parking lot in less than 2 hours.

Reactions: speedyslyder
I only buy stuff I absolutely need that day locally, 90% of the time ebay has similar or same name brand stuff for 1/2 of the locals, but they do have to pay matt, kurt, denny and meaghan to stand around all day eating chinese food everytime I go in :)

for instance, my sons 02 jetta, $80 sum for one upper a-arm with non replaceable ball joint @ advance auto.
I got all 4 new a-arms, with ball joints, new tie rods and ends for the same price off ebay, a guy in a brown suit and truck dropped it off on my porch 3 days later :)

Reactions: speedyslyder
it was a thought out plan but know that i rented the ball joint press tool that i dont own $115 bucks down payment
$182 dollars for 2 moog ball joints..that i could get for 85 bucks online shipped..And i half to wait till monday to get the lower from any place i live by and do the job myself hoping these rusted up control arms dont break on me:)
im just upset cuz i had 2 options in my area go cheap for 60 bucks or less or go good for 180 bucks...i made the mistake off not entering part number online
i dont have a manual to this truck..i called seriously 6 different parts store'looked online saw cheap questionable ball joint's and everyone said 80 bucks a pop...or 20/30 bucks for cheapos...
im on the fence whetever i want the trouble of returning/yelling at store or just solving the squeking ball joint that ocurred over winter from cracked boot/no grease fitting and no saving this mofo...i have tried lol

I am sorry to say but that is part of a shops income. The percentage on markup varies depending on the part. A 50 cent valve stem (not the Rapper) can cost you up to $7 bucks. Or the tpms tire pressure monitor rebuild costs on the cheap side 15-45$ each for a rebuild, doesn't matter if it was your autographed N'sync cd hanging from the rear view mirror that blocked the signal and popped the light on, or the expensive 25 cent battery that needed replacement. The average driver nowadays doesn't even want to open the hood. Shops take advantage of that. Business is business. Like when I went to the dentist the other day. If I didn't have insurance $800 bucks to sit in a chair for 15 min seriously?? He said the tools cost $ (he said $125 for the contra angle piece at the end of the tool, it's $15 on e bay same exact thing) , chair time is $, the secretary's cost $, rent, elec insurance, etc... Good thing is handy guys like us can cut those costs and find the parts and do the work ourselves.. One of the fringe benefits of understanding mechanics, being able to work with our hands and not afraid to get dirty keeps $$ in our pockets instead of lining there's.

update so i returned the ridicoulous priced parts for a $182 FULL REFUND
went to my normal auto parts store and got both for $82 bucks...lifetime warranty
they are not moog like i wanted but i cant go wrong with the warranty and the store is close to me
unlike the internet shipping lol
the thing that got me upset is i can order them myself for 85bucks same exact part and they charged me $182:mad: HELL NO

Reactions: jus_me