The importance of case savers...

R3dtick

Sep 7, 2016
I bought a blaster cheap off local craigslist for a rebuild project. Looked clean enough, had nerf bars dg bumper and grab bar and some nice maxis razers. Upon teardown I found a meltdown on the piston due to a left side crank seal leak. No biggie I split the cases to install NE crank bearings and saw something funny behind one of the blind transmission bearings. At some point in this things life it had a major hit from a chain, someone had split a piece of pipe and JB welded it in place. After I cleaned it all off I don't think it's going to be salvageable even doing another half ass JB epoxy job on it. The clutch rod that sits vertical on the left side of the case has a lot of slop since most of the case that supports it is gone. Luckily I have a spare set of cases I can use, still sucks though.
cEZJDRH

Reactions: OConnor Racing
We just finished a fresh batch of case savers. Tarmo was making them as he got the orders. We are now keeping them in stock and ready to ship, same day.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind as soon as I get a transmission bearing kit figured out. Apparently there was a change to some of the bearings around 97-98 and I haven't figured it out yet. Ive got a left case half from an 89 and right half from an 02 now.