the 3 hour blasty build.......and she runs like a champ

Jan 27, 2008
north nj
so we have been riding the past 4 days with the kids, problem was 2 of our blastys were down and it was getting old letting everyone take turns riding. so batt and i looked at the nephews blasty (which was blown up lol) and tried to think of a way to get it going without the new piston kit and bore job thats got to be ordered .......heres what we did
we had an old 240 cylinder that was 0.50 over sitting on the shelf that could use a new bore, the piston was fine but the rings where shot. well i just happened to have my stock piston kit from my vitos 240 kit collecting dust, so we put stock rings on a .050 over piston, thru on all the gaskets bolted her in and was amazed at the amount of psi that this thing had lmao!!!.....this just might work lol....so after i rejetted the stock carb..340 main and 37.5 pilot (its all we had there)...we slapped it together and fired it up.....she started on the first kick.....smooth and idled perfect!!! lol, then it was time to see how it ran.........well it ran like dogshit, spitting sputtering, no power at all...so i look down while its idleling and BAM i see the prob....the airboot had come off of the carb......(this reminded me of blasterdude27"s problem with the velocity tube).....so i put the boot back on clamped it nice and tight.......and to both our suprise, this blasty runs like a maniac lol.....the kids rode it all day with zero issues lol.....now before yall start saying how bad this could be we are well aware of the potential consequenses and the grenade thats ready to go off in that bike.....no biggy lol.. hey the kids all got to ride at the same time instead of one always waiting....ill also get some vids today of this blasty tearing it up....it just amazes me that it worked lol

way to improvise freek, bet the kids were happy!!!

yea man...it was awesome that it worked, we are gonna listen real hard and watch it to try and save it from shattering and blowing the cases up...but if we can get a few more rides outta it...it was well worth it lol

Way to improvise bro.There blasters they can blow up and be running in the same day.lol Everybody gets to ride and the kids are happy is worth it's weight and gold for sure.Nice job.

thanx alot guys..its also the first time all of the kids have ridden my and batts blastys.......boy was that nerve racking lol

I here you bro.I have yet to let anyone on my bike not even my brother.If they don't have enough money to pay to fix then stay the hell off.lol Might change if I had kids old enough to ride them.haha

I here you bro.I have yet to let anyone on my bike not even my brother.If they don't have enough money to pay to fix then stay the hell off.lol Might change if I had kids old enough to ride them.haha

lmao....yea its a tough one, watching right around 10 g's fly around ya and ur not at the helm lol......blood pressure testing for sure today lol

You have to put a hidden kill switch on there bro and tell them if they can start it then they can ride it.haha

Kids always come first, what a cool dad. I love making one good engine out of two broke ones. I dont think I would be that worried, It's not perfect but pretty close. As long as you didnt bend the rings to much when installing them I think It will run fine for while. Like you said, just keep a ear open.

it would take me at least 2 weeks to get a blaster that was blown up running again.

and it only took you a few hrs? WOW YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! you must be a nice father

heres a pic of the blasty we put together.....its the nephews, but i want it to be our "drag project" lol

001-22.jpg

002-22.jpg