Testing some leds for my Banshee

Paulie B

Jan 17, 2008
SOMD
Here's a vid of some led's I'm testing. I deleted the factory lights/mounts off my Banshee frame.
I never liked the looks of them anyway no offence fellas.
Since I'm a closet nerd for lights and lasers I fully wanted to build one for my Shee and was excited to see what I can come up with.
This way I don't miss those nite Busco rides lol
I searched DX (deals extreme) for the bare parts and also looked over seas.
Welp I found a nice light for cheaper then I could build.
This light uses 9 SSC 3 watt leds for 27 watts and throws a blinding 1500 lumen's (approx 3 stock lights put together.)
That's brite, like shine on tree 4 feet away at in broad daylight.
It will blind you if you look at it.
Led's require a battery sorry folks. They have to be tightly voltage regulated or they will flicker or pop.
Since they only draw 2 amps the $18 7ah 12v battery I bought off Ebay will burn them for a full tank or 3.5 hours before needing a recharge.
Here's a vid. It's taken from my phone since my video camera got destroyed last year in the rain.
It does not give this light justice trust me!!!! The puny flashlight I'm using to hook it up in the beginning is a 3 watt SSC.
Can you imagine 2 of them haha
Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How much did the lights cost? I contemplated going with some LEDs for the Blaster, but to get LEDs with a cool color an a lot of lumens it was major $$$, which is why I will probably just do the Wally World install with some high lumen 20W halogens. It didn't have it listed on the outside, but I think the 20W halogens are 500ish lumens each. A nice LED setup is ridiculously bright though.

I watched the video and thought it was your banshee... then I realized it was a tractor. I was wondering why it sounded so off. XD