Tech meter!

OK!
ON #01 my idle is jumping around 1500-1600rpm
#02 my idle is jumping around 3330rpm
#03 my idle is jumping around 7400rpm

When I got this tach it must of been on #02.

we still don't know if the nology wire is giving it fits ?
do you have a regular coil or wire to throw on to try ?
is the sensor wire wrapped ahead of the inline capacitor (thick part) of the nology wire, like right where it comes out of the coil ?
I've always wondered if the braided ground strap sticking out the plug end is around the center wire acting like a shield inside the covering ? which may foul up the sensing ?

The first time i tried the tech i had the sensor wire wrapped around all over the place, and it didnt work because it was on #02.

Today i put the tech on #01 and wrapped the sensor wire around the thin part just before the plug boot, and it looked like it worked.

My Nology coil with wire is mounted under my hood, and my Hot Shot coil with wire is mounted in the stock spot. So all i have to do is swap orange wires and plug wire and go. I will give it a try!

The cool thing i got to do with the tech was use it to mess with my air screw.
I got a #48 pilot jet and the idle air screw is 1 1/2 turns out and its running at 1500rpm. So looking at the tech I got the idle air screw out to about 4 turns and the idle to 1700rpm. Time to try a #45 pilot. If the tech is working right!

Reactions: jus_me and Awk08
The tech worked on my Hot Shot coil and wire.
It also works when the tech sensor wire is wrapped around the thin part, and the boot of the Nology wire.
BUT WILL NOT WORK ON THE THICK PART OF THE NOLOGY WIRE!!!!!!

Reactions: Awk08
The first time i tried the tech i had the sensor wire wrapped around all over the place, and it didnt work because it was on #02.

Today i put the tech on #01 and wrapped the sensor wire around the thin part just before the plug boot, and it looked like it worked.

My Nology coil with wire is mounted under my hood, and my Hot Shot coil with wire is mounted in the stock spot. So all i have to do is swap orange wires and plug wire and go. I will give it a try!

The cool thing i got to do with the tech was use it to mess with my air screw.
I got a #48 pilot jet and the idle air screw is 1 1/2 turns out and its running at 1500rpm. So looking at the tech I got the idle air screw out to about 4 turns and the idle to 1700rpm. Time to try a #45 pilot. If the tech is working right!

Nice. Might find some untapped power.. :)

The tech worked on my Hot Shot coil and wire.
It also works when the tech sensor wire is wrapped around the thin part, and the boot of the Nology wire.
BUT WILL NOT WORK ON THE THICK PART OF THE NOLOGY WIRE!!!!!!

Awesome Doug !!!!!
what setting ?