Tech meter!

the tach cable on my scooter was broken and it had a cheap tach similar to this on it, i'm pretty sure it's in the box of parts and you're more than welcome to have it to see if the nology wire has any ill effects on it ?

Reactions: 79 bronco
the tach cable on my scooter was broken and it had a cheap tach similar to this on it, i'm pretty sure it's in the box of parts and you're more than welcome to have it to see if the nology wire has any ill effects on it ?

If i dont have a tech meter buy the next time we ride then we will give it a try! Thanks! :)

If i dont have a tech meter buy the next time we ride then we will give it a try! Thanks! :)

just pm me an address and I'll ship it to you before I sh-it can it ?

I have always wondered if these would work on a blaster.

With a trail tech vapor (has rpm) there were 3 settings for some reason.

they were .5 1.0 and 2.0 and they had something to do with the number of times there was a pulse in the plug wire.

i had to set it on .5 to get accurate readings??

That would be pulses per revolution. On a Blaster it should be 1.0. On a Banshee it would be 2.0. On a 4 stroke that only fires on the compression stroke, it would be .5.

That would be pulses per revolution. On a Blaster it should be 1.0. On a Banshee it would be 2.0. On a 4 stroke that only fires on the compression stroke, it would be .5.
well i set it at .5 because i didnt idle at 2300 nor hit 10,000 rpm at 1/2-3/4 throttle

My hour meter has a tach on it and I followed the instructions on how to set it and when I started it at idle it read like 5500 rpm I forget what setting I had to set it to but it reads correct now I didn't really need a tach but it came on the hour meter and it has a nifty max rpm function that shows you what the highest read rpm was on your last ride

This is a pic of the Tach and hour meter that Joe was awesome enough to send me. Its in great shape, im the one that got it dirty.lol
Im not having much luck with it. The tach is jumping all over the place and is very slow to react to the motor RPM.
I dont know if its my Nology hot wire giving me the problem, or if its the mode the tach meter is in?
The tach will do 1,2,3,4 cylinder motors and 2 and 4 stroke! I dont know if there is a way to set it to a 1 cylinder 2 stroke motor?
Im playing with the S2 and S1 buttons, and its doing odd stuff! lol

104_8397.JPG

maybe you can find directions for it thru google, if it has some type on name or identifying numbers on it ?

That looks like a Tiny Tach to me.I have had 2 different ones and they are very decent,lasted about 8 years.I am pretty sure they have instructions online. I posted yesterday about Blaster pulses per revolution in the electrical section wondering if it pulsed once or twice per revolution.Seems like a mystery at this point.I have a Vapor on mine set to 1 PPR and I swear it is reading 2x speed!

Reactions: 79 bronco
Not to hijack your thread,but my tach works perfect with two pulses per revolution.Goofy.

TO SET THE TACHOMETER (SPARK PLUG FIRING REVOULTION)

Press and hold the S1 button for 4 seconds. The LCD will display
01(spark plug fires twice per revolution), 02 (once per revolution),
03 (every other revolution), 04 (hours only, will not display RPM).
Once you find your desired spark plug firing pattern, release the
S1 button. The LCD will blink for 8 to 10 seconds and return to
total hour meter mode. The default for the standard model is 02
(once per revolution). This default can be changed during
manufacturing.

/\ sweet, keep us posted if you get it to work