T.O.R.S.

blaster1990

Feb 8, 2008
im not really understanding the tors thing
what will happen if i dont disconect it and do i have to by the block off kit
and how do i disconect it

you don't really have to buy the block off kit it just cleans your carb up from the bs on top of it. There is a write up on the DIY it is really simple and easy to do maybe a 15or 20 minute job good luck !!!

you should unhook it and nothing will happen if you do it right and if you dont unhook it or take it off it could read something wrong and shut down your blaster for no reason really, it is a good thing if your throttle would stick but that dosent happen very often

my throttle actually stuck once lol b/c the slide in my carb was gummed up but after a nice rub with sandpaper [it will never happen again] id say tors is junkkkkk i got rid of mine it was screwed up my quad would only run right when i pressed the throttle to a certain point n it was a bad tors unit

Yea i disconnect all my wires and chopped them off and have no problems what so ever from it

Although i did strip the screw that holds the tors brain on. Im pissed about that, no clue how im going to get that off now.

i have an 04 yamaha blaster that i have removed the tors system from and i believe i have done it correctly, but my wheeler is still having problems. It runs great till it warms up than it bogs out if i try to go anywhere. to remove my tors i just unplugged the carb, unplugged the parking brake and unplugged the throttle switch, but since i have a 2003-2006 blaster i heard that you have to loop the throttle switch(it is the only way the wheeler will start too). the tors brain is built in the cdi box for these newer models. Does anyone know why mine is still boggin out? I haven't done the block off kit yet, but i was going to try that out next if no one can guide me in a better dirrection. I also have a freshly rebuilt motar with a clean carb so i'm kind of lost right now. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

to loop it back just cut the wire that went to your throttle and tie them together and tape them up. let me know if she runs good after that because i think i have other issues that i can't figure out. To test it before you cut your wire you can take a piece of wire and shove it in the connection piece to loop it. than make sure you warm it up good and take it for a good spin to test it. when you do all of this you need to make sure that your looped wire doesn't come undone otherwise it will just shut your blaster off until you reconnect them. If it still boggs out like mine than there is some other issue with the tors system that i am overlooking too. I am going to try replacing some electrical parts now because i am stumped on my sitch, but i am pretty sure this should solve your problem. let me know how it goes.

oh yeah the other idea i had was getting a cdi from an older blaster because the tors brain is in the cdi for the newer blasters. on the older ones you can just cut all of the wires and its taken care of.

thats a good idea with the vice grips, ill have to give it a go

ok so can anyone help me with my problem? My tors is by passed just like bigdblaster's, but mine keeps bogging out after it is warmed up. I just can't figure it out at all. Do the cdi's ever go bad in these things? I know the regulators go bad, but my head light works just fine. I am pretty sure it is electrical because the plug is soaked. It will ideal just fine though. and runs great till it's warmed up. I have gone through the carbs and rebuilt the engine. I have tested the coil and that seems to be in spec. Has anyone heard of the oil pumps going bad and pumping to much oil in the engine? I have had my blaster now for about 5 months and only got to ride it 2 days so far because i can't seem to figure out the issue here.

i took my oil injector off and gott block off kit..u try setting ur air/fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out.. try needle at 3 clip postion.also if u still have the tors ontop ur carb that screw affects ur slide i had to mess with mine cause if u screw it out all the way the slide is completely closed so this is just something to try plus check ur reeds for cracks or warps let me know if ya find anything