swinger bolt

bigbadblaster200

Jan 21, 2009
west park ny
this is a pretty supid question but my swing arm bolt wont come out it sits there and spins but it wont come out i was wondering if thers a special way it has to come out

is the frame proped up from underneath....sometimes it will bind up from the shock pushing down on the swinger and make it hard to get the bolt out

i got the frame up on a jack stand right now and the swinger is hanging with the shock attached it just wont come out at all i try useing a air rachet and everything i hit it with a hammer pretty dam had but it wont budge

Sounds like it is siezed to the bearings inside. Soak it with penateating oil for a day or two with on it's side then beat the hell out of it while having someone turning the bolt. If possable you should try removing the lower rear shock bolt to relive any tension on the swinger bolt and have someone else hold the swinger up.

Last edited:
Got a blaster from the coast once with the same problem, ended up being just like fioz600r said, the bolt was seized to the bearings. Get a bigger hammer, as long as the bolt is turning it is free from the motor so you won't damage the rear mount, all the bearings and the bolt are junk any way so swing away. I ended up with an 8 lb. sledge and a large punch

I had a blunt bit for my air hammer I had to use also. I had the nut almost all the way on and it still walked the threads back a little....3/4" air hose moved the air hammer a lil. Had to wail on that biotch to get it out...thank god for a die...14mm x 1.75 maybe? I dont remember. Heat always helps also.