Swingarm extention advise!!!

imho the width makes it harder to ride in a tight trail than the length

I've had more problems with the back end smacking rocks, trees and stumps on the very tight trails with very tight turns with the just the +4 1/2 on it then with just the flipped wheels and wheel spacers on..... Me on my blaster with the flipped wheels and wheel spacers and my bud with a 300ex was able to out run my bud on his 250r in the very tight trails with very tight turns, and we would pick on him and say he cant ride, and he claimed his back end was smacking everything and he did not want to bang up his new rims and tires and we laughed at him... So after i put on the the + 4 1/2 i was like holey sh*t i'm smacking everything, so i took off the wheel spacers and it helped a little but it was not as stable and wanted to roll so i put this on than that off and this on and that off and me and my buds took turns riding each other ATV's and i decided to keep it all on and i needed a 240 BB kit lol

Wow! Cool feedback!!! The crazy thing about this all is that it'll cost me the same for the +3, +4, or +6. Are there any videos on youtube that i maybe able to see of riding on either of the swingarms. Also i totally feel 1bad442 on the turns. With the right amount of torque coming out of the trun you'll turn anything...lol. No, for reel, i also wanted to know is the rides over the woops compromised do to the length of the bike. Same question as well for jumps. Once again for the feedback!!!

i try to keep the front end up when i go through the whoops sections. with a +6 that would probably be extremely hard to do. so at least for me, it would compromise that aspect. plus, with the loss of traction and the ass end being so far out, it would be really hard just to pull a wheelie, and if you could, you'd feel so much higher off the ground and i dont think i'd like that. this is all just personal opinion though. its your blaster, do what you want with it, i'm just trying to give you some information to go off of for your decision.

I've had more problems with the back end smacking rocks, trees and stumps on the very tight trails with very tight turns with the just the +4 1/2 on it then with just the flipped wheels and wheel spacers on..... Me on my blaster with the flipped wheels and wheel spacers and my bud with a 300ex was able to out run my bud on his 250r in the very tight trails with very tight turns, and we would pick on him and say he cant ride, and he claimed his back end was smacking everything and he did not want to bang up his new rims and tires and we laughed at him... So after i put on the the + 4 1/2 i was like holey sh*t i'm smacking everything, so i took off the wheel spacers and it helped a little but it was not as stable and wanted to roll so i put this on than that off and this on and that off and me and my buds took turns riding each other ATV's and i decided to keep it all on and i needed a 240 BB kit lol

well that makes sense. and when in doubt give it more power lol

I wouldn't go longer then +3 for a built bike. Al your doing is losing hook-up and making it look silly.

And I just lost a whole lot of respect for lonestar and asr if they say a +6 is ok for a non-drag-hill shooter blaster...... or anything for that matter
Laugh9.gif

Reactions: StrokedTater244
I wouldn't go longer then +3 for a built bike. Al your doing is losing hook-up and making it look silly.

And I just lost a whole lot of respect for lonestar and asr if they say a +6 is ok for a non-drag-hill shooter blaster...... or anything for that matter
Laugh9.gif

they were probably trying to get rid of backstock that nobody wanted. :p

I run a +5 Tater special, my Blastee rocks!!!
Matt's Da Man... I:I

To each his own.
I had a +2, little too short for my liking, better than stock but not quite what I was looking for. I wanted a +4 but Tater had a +5 ready to go, figured not much of a difference, love it love it...

I run a +5 Tater special, my Blastee rocks!!!
Matt's Da Man... I:I

To each his own.
I had a +2, little too short for my liking, better than stock but not quite what I was looking for. I wanted a +4 but Tater had a +5 ready to go, figured not much of a difference, love it love it...

i dont think i built you a swingarm did i?

Dunno how (dirty) your hands got but I bought a +5 from ya there Matt.
Man you need to get outta the house more. I:I

BTW,
How is that (getting outta the house) thing workin' out for ya these days???? :-/

oh ok.. the purple/black rough looking one. yeah that wasnt built by me but it is a heavy duty design.. glad thats working out good for ya..

i get out here and there for "shopping"..lol.. feb 11th cant come soon enough man.

oh ok.. the purple/black rough looking one. yeah that wasnt built by me but it is a heavy duty design.. glad thats working out good for ya..

i get out here and there for "shopping"..lol.. feb 11th cant come soon enough man.

Haha, well you let me know when you are clear to rock, I will come pick your a$$ up and drive us for a few, no doubt, help ya celebrate!!!! LOL I:I

Anyway, yeah, the one that was purple/black. I took a dremel grinder to the rough weld knots, got everything smoothed down, cut off the additional shock mounts in the rear, sanded/grinded the whole thing down, painted it black, etc. Looks great, came out great and performs even better, totally happy with it, thx Bro...

Haha, well you let me know when you are clear to rock, I will come pick your a$$ up and drive us for a few, no doubt, help ya celebrate!!!! LOL I:I

Anyway, yeah, the one that was purple/black. I took a dremel grinder to the rough weld knots, got everything smoothed down, cut off the additional shock mounts in the rear, sanded/grinded the whole thing down, painted it black, etc. Looks great, came out great and performs even better, totally happy with it, thx Bro...

awesome!! yeah that was s trong built swingarm that a guy i know made.. it was just not the prettiest.. im sure it looks alot better now! keep in touch.