suzuki gsx 600 rear brakes

see, that's where I made my mistake... I made the master cylinder mounting tab without regard to how long the pedal extension was going to have to be to reach it. After mounting the brakes worked.... but the pedal only moved about 1/4" down to full lock and it was HARD to push the pedal because of the loss of leverage.

Had I started with the pedal, like you suggested, I would have made the extension much shorter (to match the brake system I'm using) and then fit the master cylinder mounting tab to match. :-/ I made it incorrectly my first try.

Now I'm going to cut the master cylinder mounting tab off tonight and try again!

you have no clue how many times i tried till i got it right, enough to sale to the public, i cashed in a 5 gallon bucket of scrap aluminum, hahahahaaaa

Had I heard pappa Awk's advice before I went to welding stuff out there, I might have got it right the first time instead of making the scrap man a little richer as well!

yeah its not really that hard you just have to understand how things work and yeah i made the mistake mounting the master first but i moved it down and got it right and it works great thanks awk you the man

as i can see you both did the same trail and error i did, and ended up with the same results, even though the trail had some bumps, think of all you learned without some tellin ya how to do it
good fabbin bro's

I spent some time messin with how i mounted my master and wish this thread was posted when i did it. i did look at some of awk's masters and made a similar bolt on bracket. i set up the extension arm to be dead center when it's pushed in but off at an angle when it's not. I did manage to figure out a way to bolt on a 01 gsx 600 rear caliper using all stock mounts. i think it was one of the best safety improvements i've made.

i need to bleed mine or somethng cause the stock cables worked better than these gsxr ones, super stiff pedal and caliper donst grab hard, wont even lock up the tires, awk you got a speical process for bleeding these i hope? i remember reading holding the master above the caliper is that all it is? i want to get a nice bleed so they are super "touchy" like hydros are supposed to be