Super Bowl Bound !

Team entrances uploadfromtaptalk1391383185308.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391383199518.jpg

What game ? That was a football clinic. The rest of it was cool. All the sights and sounds were worth the trip alone.
I'll get some more pics and vids posted when I get home.

And now the real adventure begins......getting home. My flight I took here thru DC is canceled for weather today and already booked up tomorrow. They did find me a 6pm flight to Pittsburgh later today and I've got transportation home from there scheduled.
IF... that flight doesn't take place I'm getting a rental car and just driving home. :)

as Steve Harvey says..... "and now for the rest of the story"
and it gets good I:I

The Superbowl experience was great, too bad the game wasn't.
I never even put on my sweatshirt until 1/2 time.
the only bump was the chinese kid my son snatched up for acting a fool in front of us, he sat quitely the rest of the game :D

On to the good stuff:
I chose to take the afternoon return flight on monday so I didn't have to get up early after being at the game till midnight, and i knew all along that was a mistake.

That early flight did indeed leave before the storm hit, my 2pm was delayed until 6pm, bumble around airport for hours.
around 4pm-ish we watched the board as that 6pm changed to delayed, and then to cancelled.
back to terminal A from C to see what I could do, their answer was the next available flight is 4pm tuesday, have a seat and wait 24 hours........NOT !
they did give us a $15 food voucher.
I heard them telling most of the western states seattle fans that it would be 3 days before their next flight, and all southwestern flights were cancelled indefinately. :eek:

So off to another terminal to investigate alternative transportation.
I had about $450 left in my pocket and my debit only paypal card that can access the $ in my bank.
my buddy told me the PA turnpike was closed in some sections so a rental car seemed out ?

The train was my best option, except only 1 train per day leaves newark NJ headed my way, and that had left at 11am. next one is 11am tuesday morn, but....they couldn't eccept my cash for a $229 train ride for 2, nor could they accept my debit card.
they needed a credit card only, same for the car rental, WTF is that chit ?

Now I'm wiggin out a little, I felt like tom hanks in that movie "the terminal" stuck at newark international airport forever X(

Dualstroke and Ken both offered to come get me or pay for a car rental with their credit cards (thanx bro's) but I was determined to work this out myself.

Back to terminal A to bust some US Airway azz !
somehow, I finally talked them into converting my airline tix into amtrak train tix ?
after about 10 phone calls, they gave me vouchers for the train.
now to get my bags back which were out on the runway peir waiting to be loaded on a non existant plane.
about 10pm and many "pissed off at me" US airway workers, they finally sent a maintainence guy out to the peir to manually retreive my bags.

Off on a shuttle for the closest howard johnsons hotel, the beds were hard as rock and I may have slept a couple hours ?
but i did get 2 showers.
around 9am it's back to my new favorite place in the world, better than disney land ...thee newark airport !

But we're not out of the woods yet, the vouchers confused the hell out of the amtrak ticket desk, they were for one train and one boarding only, that didn't get me to where i needed to be, amtrak central in downtown newark

Luckily this foreign accent black man stepped in, he was the nicest, most sensible person I'd dealt with all weekend.
a few phone calls, a few jokes to calm me & he had a plan.
he closed his window and personally took me down to the lower train dock, when the city train I needed came, he went and found the conductor to get us on....free, to newark main amtrak station, where we got the real tix and boarded a one way train to home.

When I passed thru harrisburgh PA. and finally saw my mountains was a huge relief.
I was home by 7pm. I wouldn't have been home by then on the 4pm flight, if it actually happened as another storm was to hit, I couldn't take that chance.

The train is the way to roll, much better scenery than a plane, and I could probably survive jumping out if needed, even at 65mph :eek:

I'll post more pics and vids another time, I need some sleep I:I

Last edited:
Yep, wise choice taking the train yesterday. Doesn't look good for any flights outta Newark again today. uploadfromtaptalk1391608657022.jpg

The city can be a trip at times, especially when your dealing with mass trans after a big event and than you bring in the weather :eek: .. Sounds like even the bad parts of the trip were better than the game itself. You should have pushed Manning aside and taken over the reigns because making it out of the city let alone the state in that matter shows 10x the skill level that was on the field.. (I cant see the pics so your prob a Seahawks fan but I think half the Broncos were playing for the Hawk's anyways) Awk08 for blaster forum Qb!! Wait he already is.. Glad to see you and your son made it home safely.