Stuck Between a Rock and a Rock

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
I feel like this guy:

Rock-and-Hard-Place.jpg

LOL, its tough making decisions that will change your life forever...

Reactions: 03blasterboy
oh yea... lol

I'm joining the military (thinking Marines) and its hard to decide what job. of course my mom is not in on the idea and is completely neglecting to accept the idea. but its what i want to do. idk. just dont know.

Reactions: motoman159
The job you choose should be one that will give you satisfaction, it would be pointless choosing to be a gunner when your passion lies in the kitchen!

Job satisfaction comes only when you are happy to do whatever the position calls for.

What are your passions in life, choose one and work towards being the very best at what you do.

Congratulations on choosing a career that will serve your country.

Reactions: DeJay1206
Well, Moms will be Moms. That's their job.
Comprimise might be good. If you wanted to get into bomb disposal, I could see her point.

Just remember, recruiters are like used car salesmen. They'll say anything to get you in the door.
Might consider placement guarentee in writing signed by him and his CO.

Good luck and let us know what you finally go into!!

Thank you for wanting to serve our country!!

I was looking into MARSOC and Force Recon which are both combat positions. She don't like the whole combat part. Or Marine part. Lol. She think that if war breaks out, I get sent to the front lines to just die. She don't understand.

Just remember bud, this isn't C.O.D. people still die and get maimed in wars.

My best friend growing up was blown up in Iraq Nov 13th 2003. Some things you never forget, the last time I saw him, carrying his coffin out of a funeral home..... Just something to consider

Look at dome jobs that teach a trade you can use even after you get out of the military. The skills you learn never leave you, and you can use them many different places.

Just make good solid choices now, they will effect you the rest of your life

Yes I understand that and I fully understand that there is a possibility of not comming home.

I've already talked to the recruiter myself and have been in contact with him for about a year now. However, Monday my mom and I are both meeting with him now.

Patrick, as you know I have a Son of your age.

I see my job as a Father is to nurture, advise, support and love him for what he is!

There are things that he does and things that he contemplates doing that I do not condone, but I do not stand in his way if he chooses to follow that direction.

Yes I may worry about the direction that he may be taking, but if that is what he chooses to do, I see my position as a loving Father as to support him.

Choose carefully so as to create the least impact on your loved ones!

Even you may love your Mom immensely, the final decision must be yours, you are investing in your future, it is up to you to choose what happens in Patrick's life.

Being hard on you again Lad, methinks it is time to let go of the apron strings.

I hope I have not offended you in anyway, but as you know I usually call it as it is.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to scare you bud, I just wanted to let you know things like that happen.

If your set on being a recon solider, do it.

Like Gerry said above, the choice is always yours, your mom will always love you no matter what you do. That's just part of being a parent.

Its tough growing up, being young and being expected to make choices for your life when your not sure what you want to do. We all have been there. When you decide what path in the military you choose, ask yourself " Will I still enjoy this in 15 years?". "Will this put a strain on MY wife kids when I have them?"

What ever you do boss you have my support. I respect anyone who puts their country first.