stroker crank

yes but it wont last as long as a piston from a 240 kit in it.

MISINFORMATION right there ^^^ a 240 piston is way bigger than stock bore or overbores, got no clue what you're even saying. 8-|

Unless your bore/piston is near perfect now is the time to do everything right, you are looking at another $150 more, piston/bore. You already have to get gaskets, and should get seals and crank bearings, why cheep out now?

Can you run a 3 mil stroker crank with a factory top end.

Yes but other things have to be done to make it possible.

I tried that for fun but it only lasted about 10 hours. Just used a brand new piston and head

Please be serious, why did it only last 10 hours?

yes but it wont last as long as a piston from a 240 kit in it.

What??????

MISINFORMATION right there ^^^

Way, way too much of this happening.

(shrug) idk I thought that the 3mm strokers were built arround the 240 kits because there supposed to work better together Idk where the heck that earlier comment came from.

The head had 35 hours on it but was in good conditon. took a new piston and installed the head and piston and rode it for quite a while. My mistake it was 25 hours not 10 sorry. It scare the side of the piston so bad i had to beat out the connecting pin. and i ran it with 40:1. Reason for runnin it with such a high ratio is because it was hot out.

The head had 35 hours on it but was in good conditon. took a new piston and installed the head and piston and rode it for quite a while. My mistake it was 25 hours not 10 sorry. It scare the side of the piston so bad i had to beat out the connecting pin. and i ran it with 40:1. Reason for runnin it with such a high ratio is because it was hot out.

You really need to read up on oil ratios and jetting, before you give any more advice on the matter.:(:(

I have a vitos 240 kit i can put on it. I was just wondering cause i wanted to find the cause of the problem before i put 240 on it. I dont want to destroy it too. I just put out alot of money for it. Where can i obtain a leak down tester at

What does it matter how many hours are on the head???:-/ Its a chunk of aluminum with fins. We're talking about a "Two stroke" engine here,....not a four stroke cylinder head with valves and springs. This makes no sense what your saying.

Do you have pictures of the destroyed piston?

Wear is not determined by the time an engine operates.

Poor lubrication, jetting and cleanliness usually determines the amount of wear a motor experiences.

bad jetting and air leaks will not hesatite to ruin a piston JS but yea a 240 kit would definatly compliment a 3mm crank. just hone and put it together and doo heat cycles and comperssion test and check for air leaks and it should be a very fast and capeable bike with little problems

bad jetting and air leaks will not hesatite to ruin a piston JS but yea a 240 kit would definatly compliment a 3mm crank. just hone and put it together and doo heat cycles and comperssion test and check for air leaks and it should be a very fast and capeable bike with little problems

Egad guys, really, is ths helpful?

To the original poster, YES, you can run a 3mm stroker crank with a stock top end.
You have to shim the cylinder to make squish distance right. Vito's gives you a 1mm basegasket shim plate to do this.
There are some small issues with port timing and such, but this will get you running.

About some of the other "advice".
2 stroke cylinder heads do not wear out. They can get damaged, but do not wear out.
A 240 kit is not needed for a 3mm crank. You can install a 3mm crank with any bore, it will not wear or break the piston.
Scarring the piston is not related to a 3mm crank. Probably not related to 40:1 oil ratio because I run that too.
You do not need to change oil ratio for weather, pick an oil and ratio that suits your needs and stick with it.

If your piston, ring and bore are in good condition, you can reuse them with the 3mm stroker,
but like Larry said, this may be a good time to replace a worn piston and bore.

Guys, if you really don't know for sure, why are you chipping in with "advice"?
Claiming it was a "a joke" afterward doesn't help anything either.
Tell us you experiences, give us the details, but be careful, some of us really don't like the smell of BS.

Steve