Stripping The Paint Off My Plastics

Big Buttery

Feb 23, 2015
Kathyrn Alberta
I bought my Blaster about 4 months and it has rock armor guard on the plastics and its already starting to chip off so since my blaster is already out of commission due to a jetting issue, I decided to get it all off the plastics! I just started on the right front fender for about 10 minutes with a spoon, lol and its already started to look better. Im going to take the finest grit sand paper after om done and hopefully it will look great. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Wet sanding them will definitly get them shining and looking good again. I've done a few sets with good results.

I've been using this Eagle1 wax as you dry stuff in a spray bottle after I'm done washing. It has helped keep alot of the mud from sticking, and Makes the Plastics shine :) Maybe Give that a try after you get them finished.

Wet sanding them will definitly get them shining and looking good again. I've done a few sets with good results.

I've been using this Eagle1 wax as you dry stuff in a spray bottle after I'm done washing. It has helped keep alot of the mud from sticking, and Makes the Plastics shine :) Maybe Give that a try after you get them finished.
Thanks for the advise! I'll make sure to wet sand them but Im not sure if I'll get the eagle1 because I'm not really sure if I can afford it. I'm only 14 but I'm trying to get a job so I'll be able to afford stuff for it. How much is a bottle?

It was about $6 or $7 at an auto parts store. I'll take a pic of the bottle when I get home.
Ok, I'll probability get it then. I worked for about an hour and I didn't get much farther and its a lot of work. Would I be able to use paint stripper? Or would it ruin the plastics? If not what else could I use?

IMG_20150601_184450047.jpg
This is the stuff I was talking about.

I dont think some paint thinner would hurt the plastics. I'd put it on a rag or cloth and blot it on. See if it comes off easier.

A pressure washer might be the easiest way to get that old paint off, if you have one available.

View attachment 23391 This is the stuff I was talking about.

I dont think some paint thinner would hurt the plastics. I'd put it on a rag or cloth and blot it on. See if it comes off easier.

A pressure washer might be the easiest way to get that old paint off, if you have one available.
I tried using the pressure washer but its being stupid. I might just ask to use the neighbours or take it to Airdrie to the car wash.