stripping loom 03+ help!!

from the cdi plug I have the black-yellow joined and the black-white disconnected from everything although upon inspection the black wire (tors delete) has white maybe grey dots running down it the solid black is earthed which comes from the stator plate are these mixed up and

black-yellow from cdi goes to solid black from stator plate and the black with dots from cdi goes to the earth point?

could I have knackered anything ie cdi , stator or coil by trying to start it with anything disconnected

ive been testing much to my other half's dismay at such a time lol

i cant get anything through my plug cap it wont beep with continuity or shown any readings the wires from the stator seem to show correct readings the green wire test will only flash up the high number reading

surely i cant have knackered my plug cap causing all these issues making me strip the whole loom wire by wire i usually struggle wiring plugs

HURRAY I have a good spark ive swapped the solid black from the stator to the yellow black from the cdi

I now have have black with dots and black-white green-yellow doin nothing at all on the cdi plug should I I have no earth leaving the stator going to the coil only the orange earth to the rear of the coil

will my quad run properly as Im under the assumption the black from stator should be earthed ?