striped gear lever

If the gear lever thread itself is stripped, I would put a ht bolt through it, with a nut at the back.
The best would be to retap the thread, but I think it might not accept the next size up bolt...

If the gear lever thread itself is stripped, I would put a ht bolt through it, with a nut at the back.
The best would be to retap the thread, but I think it might not accept the next size up bolt...
it has a nut in already its just daggling around cant go through any of the gears ill post a pic

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_20140212_104150.jpg
    IMG_20140212_104150.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 142
Holy crap!

Are the splines on the shaft damaged? If so, you will need a new shaft, and shift arm/lever.
If the shaft is damaged, maby just quickly tack weld them together(watch out for seal), until you have to open motor or gain access to that part of motor.
(Not that I would do that, but its a cheap fix...)

Well can't say you didn't search http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/shifter-problems.46478/
Splines are the little teeth on shifter shaft and inside shift lever.

If you decide to replace the shift rod, clean area around rod by sprocket. clean ALL dirt and rust off shift shaft BEFORE pulling it through/out engine. This will help prevent damage to seal or engine cases or dirt inside engine. Maybe even coat shaft with grease or oil before pulling it.

I can't tell from pic, but if shifter was welded to shaft, cut shaft then file/grind burrs before pulling it.

Replacing shaft is relatively easy. Pull clutch cover basically. Might have to pull clutch? This is where a Clymers or download manual helps.

Well can't say you didn't search http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/shifter-problems.46478/
Splines are the little teeth on shifter shaft and inside shift lever.

If you decide to replace the shift rod, clean area around rod by sprocket. clean ALL dirt and rust off shift shaft BEFORE pulling it through/out engine. This will help prevent damage to seal or engine cases or dirt inside engine. Maybe even coat shaft with grease or oil before pulling it.

I can't tell from pic, but if shifter was welded to shaft, cut shaft then file/grind burrs before pulling it.

Replacing shaft is relatively easy. Pull clutch cover basically. Might have to pull clutch? This is where a Clymers or download manual helps.
Ok thanks ill check my manual