Stock Suspension BLOWS, What to Get???

05BlasterManiac

Feb 22, 2012
New York
Hey! I have an 05 Blaster and it's all stock. My buddy recently got a z400 with a big bore and all motor work done. His suspension is stock and I LOVE IT!!!! I don't really feel a bump and we made a custom jump where it shot you up like 4 feet in the air with no landing and it was awesome. My Blaster suspension is SOOO UNCOMFORTABLE. I feel every bump, jumping something isn't the best and I get a work out staying on the thing from bouncing around. I adjusted them at least 4 times and I still don't like em. I hear that every likes the Z400 shocks or the EX400 I think. I know there are some others, but I really want to ride where I can enjoy it and jump something and have an amazing landing. So please let me know, I have seen so many shocks like the Z400, EX400, YFZ 450 and soooo much more. I know there are also Pro Shocks, but are they worth it. I'm not worried about price. Still list whatever you think is da best. Like I said, I want a nice smooth ride where I can have fun! Not banging myself out having a work out feeling every stick. I'm looking for both FRONT and REAR shocks. Let me know,

Thanks!:)

im suspension PRO!!!!! lmao! get works pep, ohlins, custon axis, etc. dont do anything with other atv stock shocks. not worth it. unless its for the rear. then eaither a 400ex or 250r. trust me!

edit: i beat u to it awk!

I'm not worried about price. Still list whatever you think is da best.

ELKA'S. period

i tried the cheap route for years, and tried most.....
400ex, 450r, 250r and works ultracross rears,
works double and triple rates up front
moving up and up in price till i finally went full Elkas, ....nothing like them in my book,

although i've yet to try the fox floats, i'm not a fan of "no springs" on them

ELKA'S. period

i tried the cheap route for years, and tried most.....
400ex, 450r, 250r and works ultracross rears,
works double and triple rates up front
moving up and up in price till i finally went full Elkas, ....nothing like them in my book,

although i've yet to try the fox floats, i'm not a fan of "no springs" on them

What stage Elkasshould I get??? I think stage 1 is ehhhh, but stage 2 looks like the kind of shock you can adjust and just go, but stage 4 is for like, racer edge, adjust for turns, bumps and all out. I ride anywhere I can go considering jumps, woops and anything lol.

i have stage III's fr/rr
they soak up everything, not even a jolt when jumping
get the best you can afford, stage 4/5's if ya can

Oh also, soon enough I am going to sell my Blaster to my friend for a great price. It a win, win for the both of us. It totally stock, I think he is buying it like end of August. He says that, but he definitely wants to buy it. I still have it and I want to enjoy my rides though cause I still go riding a lot. I'm not goin to like go crazy since I'm selling it, but I don't want to spend to much and then you know. What do you all think I should do? I was going to probably rebuild it, get new stock decals cause they blew off and get after market air filter. That was my major idea before I sell it.

i'd also bypass stage 1's
gotta have some adjustment.
get whatever ones you can afford,
if you can get stage 4/5's, do it.
i have stage III's front and rear, soak up everything i have dealt them, and landing jumps is unreal smooth, you expect a jolt, but get none

Last edited:
i'd also bypass stage 1's
gotta hve some adjustment
get whatever ones you can afford,
if you can get stage 4/5's, do it
i have stage III's front and rear, soak up everything i have dealt them, and landing jumps is unreal smooth, you expect a jolt, but get none

Whats better, stage 5 or the Factory Shock?

Elkas seem to be top notch right now. Following behind them are Works, another great shock company. PikledBeats ran a set of custom Engans shocks which look pretty nice and are sitting up there in the $1,000 range for a set of fronts. And I do see many people run Fox Floats for racing, but haven't heard much about them.