Stock Silencer Question,...

So I just picked up a stock 04 Blaster from a guy who's 16 year old son pretty much just putted around the front yard keeping the cylinder and pipe loaded up full of oil, to the point oil was dripping pretty heavy out the exhaust tip after I got it all tuned up. It started smoking like a freight train when I started it and rode it around, I knew just knew the rings were gone, but, not the case, bike starts first kick everytime, doesn't even need the choke pulled and idles better then a 4 stroke. I swapped the silencer to an older crummy beat up one I had from a past Blaster and it didn't even smoke so much as a puff at all, fast, slow or idle. You guys know of a way to clean the inside of the stock silencer without something so harsh as to remove the outside finish, just so the oil won't be smoking off so bad when it warms? Just gonna use it till a couple ebay hustles I have going on sell and I can get me a FMF or Pro Circuit silencer.

I did unbolt the end cap and remove it and it had a ton of oil in it, I sprayed carb cleaner inside of it and washed some of it out but, it doesn't smoke 1/3 now of what it did but tryin to think of a way to maybe flush something through the whole pipe from the front to back, can of carb cleaner empties out quick.

well there is kinda awhay you can do what I do to my empty brass caseings. I reaload my own ammo an all the burnt crud I use a LSD bath. not the drug ethier. get some hot water put dawn x2 concentrate soap with a lil bit of lemmy shine. if you could actually plug both ends an shake the crap out of it let it sit a few hrs an then do it again a couple times. takes a lil while but my brass comes out looking better then brand new. just a thought I guess. I also use it on coins and other metals an most of the time it looks brand new coming out of the LSD BATH

As far as I can remember the stock pipe has a type of fabric lining and if you put a fluid in there it may be retained by the lining.

If you get the jetting correct and give it a few good hard rides that should clear the old oil out.

Cool, thanks for the tips fellas, I've pulled the jug off tonight and did my port'n and polishing, cleaned up the transfer ports, polished the exhaust port and raised the exhaust port timing 1mil, she's ready for the new Wiseco piston set now, gonna be ordering it tomorrow night, can't wait to get it back together, gonna feel like a different motor.