Stock Exhaust Power Gain

B

blastermehn

If you have your stock exhaust still on your blaster (like i do), and if you dont have enough money to buy a new exhaust to get power gain, theres a way to give it a noticeable gain in power without hurting the quad or changing the sound of it.

just take off the back part of the exhaust (the round part on the end of the exhaust that has 3 screws). once you have that off, connected to the plate is the tube where the air flows out. on the end of that tube, theres a little piece in the shape of a K&N air filter. find out a way to saw that piece off (i used an air compressed grinder)

put the end back on the exhaust. this gives the exhaust more air flow and less back pressure pushing back down the exhaust pipe.

when i rode my blaster after i did this, i noticed a small but noticable gain in power the second after i pushed on the throttle.

hope the tip helps!!I:I

that'll work too. but this will take not alot of time too. lol

your idea is good thought, i will give you that and credit for trying, buit it doesnt doo all too much, even with that cut off, your still going from like a 2'' hole , abruptly to like a 3/4''-1'' hole, yopu could make a custom silencer as well with a glass pack (smallest one) fromn anywhere you can get one, they are like 20bux or less, or you kould scrape change and sweet-talk your parents into that cheap used silenecer from somewhere

When i first got mine i just took that whole tip off. It wasn't really enough gain to notice, but it was worth a try.

yeah. like i said, it was small but it WAS noticeable. or at least it was on my blaster

i yanked the baffle on mine and drilled a 1/2 inch hole inside the muffler.

i then had to readjust the carb and got more power out of it.

it's not very much louder like this than stock but does sound deeper and like it has more guts.

the only thing to worry about after this is making sure if you don't garage your atv that you install a silencer plug when not riding so rain water wont get in the muffler.

one thing.... back pressure is good on a two stroke... the only area that gets helped by decreasing back pressure is ur motor temperature. it goes down a little. but other than that no real power gains. if u lighten ur blaster up its more beneficial. since about 7 pounds equals a HP u might wanna lighten up.

ya just took mine off sounds alot better.looks sweet to like 3 inch hole for max flow.it felt like the powerband was hitin harder though plus the bike is all stock so ya i noticed a little change in performance.

If you have your stock exhaust still on your blaster (like i do), and if you dont have enough money to buy a new exhaust to get power gain, theres a way to give it a noticeable gain in power without hurting the quad or changing the sound of it.

just take off the back part of the exhaust (the round part on the end of the exhaust that has 3 screws). once you have that off, connected to the plate is the tube where the air flows out. on the end of that tube, theres a little piece in the shape of a K&N air filter. find out a way to saw that piece off (i used an air compressed grinder)

put the end back on the exhaust. this gives the exhaust more air flow and less back pressure pushing back down the exhaust pipe.

when i rode my blaster after i did this, i noticed a small but noticable gain in power the second after i pushed on the throttle.

hope the tip helps!!I:I

Yeah man i did this awhile back u notice a little gain. oh and i don't recommend gutting it out with a crowbar lol takes too long.

that would be interesting but you have to bend/cut the pipe to fit the header on the blaster and its prolly not gonna get the right backpressure that a 2 stroke needs to run right causing it to possibly lock up.

i thought tis was a pretty cool idea so i gave it shot. i cut the cone off and then i took off the stock air box lid and drilled eight holes in and found to have a little more snap.I:I