Stock Cylinder/Piston with V-Force 3

underpsi

Mar 31, 2009
I've been searching for a really long time and I cant find any body else running the V-Force 3 reed valves on a stock cylinder and piston setup. I have a FMF fatty pipe and fmf silencer, uni-filter, the V-Force reeds and I'd like to be able to keep the air box lid on if possible (stock box) as I ride some watery trails sometimes also stock carb.

I have the V-Force reeds installed right now and I have a dynojet jet kit but don't know what Jet to install. Its winter here so temp is about -5 to +5 deg C right now. How much should vary from right now to summer summer +22 to +30 deg C.

Appreciate the help, only my second post and first post in 2 years. I have a lot of hobbys so I kind of just left my blaster for a couple years sitting with an occasional ride.

I do believe that 20deg change in temp calls for one size change in jets.

#300 OR #310, plug chop to confirm.

I am getting old and am always confused by the different temp measurements, C and F, maybe it is one size jet for every 10degs C.

is it 5/9 or 9/5 + 32 or -32 = F/C :-/

All I know is one size for every 20* F

When in doubt start fat and work down. Better Fat than Fried I:I

I installed a 360 jet. So current mods are 360 jet, stock air box with uni filter and since its winter I left the lid off and fmf fatty pipe with fmf silencer and v-force 3 reeds.

After I run it and it warms up a bit it doesn't smoke any more. Im still running injection oil and I put in the dynojet needle pin on the 2nd clip. Do I need to adjust the clip? My elevation is under 1000ft probably around 650-700ft. Or could it be piossible im still getting too much air and need to put my lid back on?

i throw a 2 size bigger main in when the temps get down into the 50f range, that is safe down into the 30's, would prolly go 1 more if i rode in temps below that ?
been working great for 4 seasons now

remember, unless competitive racing, it is better to leave some "oomph" on the table than jet spot on, then the temps drop when the sun goes down and fry things !

plug chops tell all !!!

This thread was a lot of help for me to understand what I need to do to jet it properly. Its a few post down on the first page where someone lists the procedure of steps to take when jetting your bike.

http://www.blasterforum.com/jetting-139/need-help-jetting-35pwk-52781/

Although someone in that thread was talking about 1/2 to 3/4 plug chops, what does that mean?

and I am suppose to use a brand new plug when doing a plug chop right? Warm it up on old plug for a few min, put in new plug and then WOT in 5th and shut off and put old plug back in right?

Reactions: Larry's Shee
This thread was a lot of help for me to understand what I need to do to jet it properly. Its a few post down on the first page where someone lists the procedure of steps to take when jetting your bike.

Although someone in that thread was talking about 1/2 to 3/4 plug chops, what does that mean?

and I am suppose to use a brand new plug when doing a plug chop right? Warm it up on old plug for a few min, put in new plug and then WOT in 5th and shut off and put old plug back in right?

Same as main jet chop except you only use 1/2 throttle banging thru gears. Or 3/4, checking mid range jetting/settings

Green for askingI:I

The needle is what controls the 1/2 to just over 3/4 throttle jetting, the main jet takes over at 3/4 throttle.

The reason for the 1/2 and 3/4 chop is to get tghe needle right, after all who rides WOT all the time.

Warm up the motor until it is at operating temp then fit a new b8es for the chop.