Stock Carburetor still leaking

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
...I found what the problem was but don't know how to fix it. I don't know if it's because my carb is dirty so that's where I hope you guys can help. I took the carb off my blaster and unscrewed the bowl so I could see the float and needle. The float moves up and down as it should but at one point in its movement gets caught up. I can easily move it with my hand but the gas does not have enough force to move the float. It just gets a little caught up and I have no clue what is making this happen. I appreciate any help you will give me in advance, thanks.:)

If one of these were damaged would it be visible or do I have to know what I am looking fir...I'm not an expert with atvs...I'm a newbie

search for sticky float on here you'll find lots of info, plus how to dissasemble and set float height. Basically pop the pin on float, remove float needle, install float without needle. Operate float, this will tell you if problem is with float or needle. Slowly flipping carb from right side up to upside down you should be able to tell if float sticks.

Either get a Clymers Repair manual or find the pdf download manual on here and there will be nothing you can't fix. Plus you can get help here.

Check the adjusting tang of the float to see if there is any pitting where it touches the needle.

The posts that support the float can get worn and make it stick.

I did the punch and sanding method to remove the dimble from my tab. Just turn it over and tap it with a punch and sand it down smooth