stock carb settings?

99owned

Feb 21, 2013
Having a hard time starting the blaster when it's cold. Have to use ether and play with the throttle a bit along with the choke till it's warm. So, I am here to ask what is the stock Idle, Air/Fuel settings on the carb, I am on the way now to buy a new plug. This ones shot.

Starts first kick, when warm.

As you will read in many posts the idle/air screw should be 1.5 turns out. Does it still have TORS or no?
The plug might just be the only problem also....

Technically it does have TORS still, But it is in no way effecting the running of it. I just removed the brain and tied the 2 wires that go to the carb together. It was causing a no start/ No idle situation not too long ago. But Yeah, I'll pop a new plug in it and set the air/fuel at 1.5. I thought it was 1.5, Just didn't want to booger anything up. Thanks!

Not knowing where you are as to temp, but there is nothing wrong if you have to use the choke (enrichening circut), and leave it on till engine warms up. Which you should be letting it warm up anyways. Might also be time to clean your carb real good, not just a quick douche with spray can.

When was the last time you leak tested the motor, if you have to use ether and throttle to keep it running, it just may not be air tight.

Be careful not to over use the ether, it contains no lubricant and can harm a 2 stroke with excessive use.