Stock 26 mm Mikuni.Slide and needle help.

Oneshot

Mar 1, 2016
Central,PA
I pulled my slide out of carb to make sure my needle was on third notch. I did not look at it like I should have. But when you look at bottom of slide there is 3 holes. I know 2 of them are for the screws. The third one if I am looking at it from the bottom should I be able to see right through the hole? Or should it be covered to where I can see the hole and the plate that the screws are in?

0309161431.jpg
See how you can see datlight through that hole? Is that correct or should you be able to see the plate that the screws are in through that hole?

that is correct /\

previous discussions on here suggested it be closed off by flipping the cable thingy down in there, to prevent air from passing thru.
but I have since seen mikuni instructions stating it is indeed to stay open to prevent a vaccuum, and possibly hold the slide open.

Great thnx guys. This forum has certainly been a great help. I looked for info on it and never seen anything posted about it. Sorry if I seem to post to many threads but usually I search for awhile before posting.

Well like awk stated from previous post I closed mine (and have had a hanging idle ever since with no air leak) glad I spotted this well looks like I'm taking out my slide for one last time. I had it right the first time lol. I'm very releaved I could not find no info about that.

Reactions: Oneshot
I searched for like 2 hours on this forum and other forums. Looked at the carburetor manual and watched about 12 YouTube videos I could not find an answer.Thanks again Awk