Steering Stem

carl

Oct 10, 2009
South, Uk
Hi,
I am sure this question has been raped over and over. But could you please tell me if a standard Yamaha Banshee steering stem will bolt straight on with no modification.

it will not. the bottom mount has to be turned down on a lathe. Its very little work, a local metal shop will be able to do it easily in little time.
Blaster on left banshee on right
0324092225.jpg

After i turned it down. banshee on left, blaster on right
0328091344.jpg

Reactions: calcium12
If I were you and wanted a longer steering stem I would take it in to a machine shop and get them to extend it and weld it up

it will not. the bottom mount has to be turned down on a lathe. Its very little work, a local metal shop will be able to do it easily in little time.
Blaster on left banshee on right
0324092225.jpg

After i turned it down. banshee on left, blaster on right
0328091344.jpg

Thanks for that mate helped alot, I have been to my local mechanics but they dont have a lathe :( and the next one i know of is around 40 miles away.

Any one have one all ready done they want to sell :D

no it shouldn't if it welded up right..!! one tack should hold 1 tonne...!!! so if its welded right i would imagin is should hold up good!! I:I

i used to turn them down at school. I did for a few people on here. i have been trying to get that business venture up and running again, i should be good to go soon. Pm me if your interested.

i used to turn them down at school. I did for a few people on here. i have been trying to get that business venture up and running again, i should be good to go soon. Pm me if your interested.

Better hurry up I need another done soon.lol Blanshee did mine and did a hell of a job with it.He will do a nice job for anyone interested.