starts an dies

unknownblaster2

May 24, 2010
colville wa
i picked up a blaster for a couple hundred an got it to run good then it died an found ou that the other owner took out the screws to the magnets on the fly wheel an replaced them after it ran with them loose now ir starts an dies went through the wiring an carb it has fine blue spark just wonderin what else could make this happen it will only try to start on full choke an has brand new plug thanks

what do you mean by starts and dies? runs a minute, few seconds, or just stumbles and stalls strait away? sounds like carb.. U check all the jets and are you sure all the passageways are open? usually electrics work or dont work..

Check all the bolts on the base of the cylinder, the head bolts, and the bolts on the reed cage and look for leaks. Look behind the flywheel at the seal, does it leak?

OK, i read your post again, it sounds like a blocked carb or a huge air leak.. when I say air leak I mean the engine is sucking in air from a leak in the crank case or intake. Check the carb again, and check the rubber boot in between the carb and engine for tears.

my blaster did the exact same thing would only run decent with choke pulled out if choke would be in it would revvvvv to the max.. I had to take the tors off and get a idle screw kit.. so you might wanna check into that maybe?

everything mentioned above, but also, is your key on your crank/flwheel good?
check the resistance of the source coil nad pickup coil in the stator, mine would fire with the choke out but not run, i had a good blue spark which through me all wrong, i checked the stator source coild and it was faulty, replaced that and it runs sweet.
ive got the resistance values if you dont have a manual, you will need a multimeter though and to know what year of bike it is, ie wether the tors is built in to the cdi or seperste, pm me if you need anything, good luck bro.

i found out what the problem was it the seal were the two halves come together i put diesele in the crank an it ended up in were the gears are after i pulled the clutch cover so im goin to rebuild all the motor thanks for all the help