Square tubing a-arms?

Blasterman96

Mar 18, 2012
Missouri
Ok we'll I noticed on the yfz450 a-arms they are square tubing what if you found the same square tubing and made your own set like sivicdude makes his except his are circle , does anyone know the tubing the the yfz450 a-arms use, if I can figure out maybe ill see if I can make my own set

Only reason off hand is that you can't bend it without kinking it. I'm not an engineer, but I bet that round is stronger pound for pound

RHS (Square tubing) is not very flexible and bends, and stays bent, very easily.

Cutting and welding Arm sections is possibly a bad idea.

Ok we'll I measured the stock a-arms and they are around 14, 14-1/2 inches long with the ball joint counted in. So I shud make the arms to be 17 inches long and how do you make it 1 inch forward so it will be +3+1

I believe you are going to have to angle it. I'm tired right now about to go to bed. if no one comes in before me ..I'll figure your angles out tomorrow.but like said above.I would go with round tubing.it's stronger.. plus think about it round tubing on bottom of a arm will les likely catch on anything.you have no sharp edges .a round tube is more likely to not catch it self as much on anything. .go round tubing... it might be a little harder for you to weld your angles with the cuts but worth the extra time.

No, I've seen arms that are +3 +0. I think that +1 forward is most they can go without getting into funky $hit with the steering, wheels turning at different rates?

Go with round tube and DO NOT cut and weld to get a bend.

I've thought a lot about all of this and I still think it would be easier to do this : http://www.blasterforum.com/suspens...-450-complete-front-suspension-blaster-36120/ than to make my own A arms. There are some +3 arms for sale here for like 140$