Spraying Frame. (PICS)

Kieran

Aug 8, 2010
Kilkenny, Ireland
www.facebook.com
I guess most know my story at this stage, for those who dont im rebuilding a china quad to get money for a blaster.

Anyway, just thought it would be interesting to find out if anyone else sprayed their frame. Not with cans but with a gun. I had to use a water-based paint, which needs a coat of lacquer over it as they wont sell 2 pack to you over here unless you have a business. It cost 50euro (70-80 USD) for a litre of ford Amparo blue (metallic). Turned out great for water based, just awkward to spray a frame.

Heres a few pics.

Frame was stripped to steel, and 2 coats of acid etch primer on it, them sanded smooth with 400 and another coat of plane grey primer and sand again with 400.

CIMG6442.jpg

Then laid down a base coat of the blue on top and under. Then a final top coat. All left to do is lacquer the top coat, dries rock hard after 3-4 days at about 20 degree Celsius.

CIMG6506.jpg

CIMG6508.jpg

CIMG6509.jpg

Any comments or questions just ask.

Kieran

i mean more pictures of you putting more things on there. like to see a step by step process of the build.

Aww it looks like a baby Banshee frame lol
Your work looks good I:I
I sprayed my dirtbike frame with an HVLP gun and Eastwoods extreme chassis black paint.
My results were pretty good but I when back to rattle can they are just too damn convenient.

Aww it looks like a baby Banshee frame lol
Your work looks good I:I
I sprayed my dirtbike frame with an HVLP gun and Eastwoods extreme chassis black paint.
My results were pretty good but I when back to rattle can they are just too damn convenient.

Yea to be honest, the cans are better for frames, dont notice the imperfections as much, but I found that this gives a stronger finish.