spraying exhaust and head

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
ok i need some hepl here.. i want to spray my exhaust and cylinder head with black paint but not just the flat matt finish i want a nice shinny black but i dunno where to find it ??:-/

Ive heard good stuff about this stuff but never tried it... VHT Ive used some hi heat engine paint from the auto parts store a few times with pretty good results.

I my self have used the same above with great results... just make sure you prep well..and you should be good.

What kind of prep do you normally use? i was also thinking of doing this. Take it down to bare metal with like a wire brush (or some faster way) then fine grit sand paper then paint it? Or do you need to buy the primer and clear coat?

http://www.vhtpaint.com/index.jsp

Check through and see the details.. I'm not sure if you can clear coat over but follow directions for curing, and prepping, make sure there is absolutely no grease or oil in anything being painted. You may want to lightly sand for the paint to have a texture to adhere to better, and if so tape off the section you don't want scruffy and painted obviously.. .I'm not sure if you need to sand before hand but i do know you need it clean and without a chemical that will leave a residue..

Take some pictures and post what you got and how it turns out for others to see..

Last edited:
Ill have to order some. Ill post pics of it then when i get around to it.