spark plug

bigred85

Nov 11, 2011
friendship,tn
will it hurt to run a NGK B4ES plug in my blaster that is bored 80 over, ported and polished, boyesen carbon fiber reeds, dg header, wiseco piston, and fat boy pipe? and what mix to use in fuel?

I run a BR9ES id suggest you do the same with it overbored that much so you dont run into detonation problems the BR9ES Is a heat range cooler than the stock br8es.

you mentioned on another post you are using outboard motor and someone has already told you that that is your problem. get some bike oil and use that, if you are premixing, make sure your oil injector pump is disconnected so you are not getting a double dose of oil.

remember that the more oil you add per unit fuel the less fuel per unit of mixed gas you have because the oil takes up a percentage of the volume, so, too much oil means you run lean on fuel, although you may still be fouling plugs with oil. and not becasue you are too rich with fuel!

b4 is ways to hot u will melt a hole in ur piston .. the lower the number on ngk plugs the hotter then run the higher the number the cooler .. ur better off factory .. dont be cheap it will cost more to replace a piston then a 3 dollor plug

it will run good for now .. yess over time ur gona burn a hole in the thign .. list ur modds done to the bike if it has modds then 230 is to small for u .. that wont foul it . if ur modded u need to jet accordingly .. ur prolly putting to much oil in ur gas and the hotter plugs helping burn it off easier .. thats all ..what ratio are u running .. do u have injection blocked off .. list whats going on with ur bike besides the plug an fixx the problem dont just compensate with a different plug

1 part oil to 32 parts fuel. so for 5 liters of petrol. use 160 ml of oil.

with your mods you need at least a 300 main. i think you have a mess up with your oil there.

i only run motul 710. full synthetic, you can use yamalube 2S, which is semi synthetic, just choose a brand and stick with it. im not sure whats available to you, but tryu and use a semi to full synthetic

thanks i did all that and it runs great, but i have rode it about 4-5 hours and its still runnin great but i pulled the plug and it is light black,is that how it is suppose to look?