spark plug gap

It's supposed to be 0.028-0.031 for a stock engine.

But I got this from NGK's website about when to change it:
Another consideration that should be taken into account is the extent of any modifications that you may have made to the engine. As an example, when you raise compression or add forced induction (a turbo system, nitrous or supercharger kit) you must reduce the gap (about .004" for every 50 hp you add). However, when you add a high power ignition system (such as those offered by MSD, Crane, Nology) you can open the gap from .002-.005".

My service manual says .28-.32
So does the Clymber manual....28-.32

The NGK site is referring to cars I believe. Raising the HP in a blaster by 50, is quite an accomplishment.

Right on I was actually wondering the same thing. Mine's in getting bored and plained today and going together tomorrow morning. Vito's clutch kit, degree key, superstock forged piston and aggressive P&P. Should be working mint. Cheers

Yeah, I know that the gap varies depending on the work done. My Civic is gapped at .42 I think for N/A, but since I turbocharged it, I am supposed to run a gap of about .21. Just varies from application to application and mod to mod.

a mechanic from a local dealer said (for a stock blaster) using the recommend stock plug ngk 8es (something like that) use the gap it comes with and it'll give u xtra hp and wont hurt it~