somethings wrong!!

MRSTARK44

Jan 16, 2011
I recently rebuilt my 200cc stock motor with a new wiseco lower end and top end. i had it running for about a week. have roughly 5-6 hours on the motor. last night i was riding it and it simply died. it felt like it ran out of gas, because it didn't die all together, just slowly. there was no response to the throttle, but it tried. i took the line off the carb and it was dry. i played with the tank and it def works. its as if the motor can't get any gas. then, i think i got it gas, and it started, but alot of smoke came out from around the motor/exhaust. it only stayed running for roughly 4 seconds. this happened 1 more time today, when i just tried to start it. any thoughts???

no thats working fine. i un hooked the line from the carb and gas flows freely. it is as if the carb isn't suckin it up. i drain the line, hook it up, then turn the gas on. try and start, and then shut gas off and then take line off and theres no gas that spills out. the 1 time it did start is smoked really bad, and only ran for like 4 seconds.

clogged petcock screen, float sticking,

i took what i believe to be the bowl off, the part that has the gas/oil in it. there are small grains of sand in it. that means that i need to clean the carb, right? i will search carb cleaning on here, but any suggestions????

take it completely apart...... floats, all jets, main and pilot (down in the small hole beside the main (brass hex in the middle) air screw and choke, clean with carb cleaner and blow every orifice out with a compressor, then see how good ya did remembering where everything goes, slap her on the ass and let us know

after i cleaned it out, its started right up. ran for about 3 seconds, rough and it sounds like it was farting. it was little pops, like air escaping. sounded like it came from the front of the muffler. anyone heard of this???

anyone? ive cleaned out the carb twice. the float is fine. although i think it gets too much gas, what do you think?

so, i figured out that the spark plug was fouled with oil. i emptied the tank, re-did my mixture with 93 octane, and leaned out the oil mixture. i had been runnin a 32-1....and a solid 32-1 that is. so, i switched it to 36-1 and replaced the plug and its running beautifully!!! thanks for everyones help, cleanin the carb, reeds and such didnt hurt it... thanks again

my number one rule for the blaster if it stops runign new spark plug

yup but we still keep assuming thats been tried before coming here asking for advise lolol. i can tell ya that leaning out your mixture was not the miracle cure it was the plug so dont hint that we missed that. i run mine a tad richer than 32-1 and have never fouled a plug