So I'm new here...

ChaseFFS

Aug 28, 2013
Florida & Arizona.
Yup, you read it right. I'm a newbie. The only concern most of you should have is that I'm only 14. I'm liking my experience here already seeing a bunch of other user's blasters and what not, so I figure I'd show mine. She's an '89 and needs a bit of a clean up, I must say. Anything for this little thing.

I bought off a guy that I'm really good friends with. The motor had just been rebuilt to be a racing engine, and it's got an FMF Fatty pipe so this sucker is LOUD, and I mean it. When I bought it, it hadn't been started in two years and when I started it up, it started up on the first kick. The guy used to race quads back in his glory days, so he still has a Banshee just chilling in his garage. The blaster has a little bit of carburetor problems, but I'll probably just but another one. Did I mention you can only kick start this thing? The light doesn't work, so it's pretty much on there for looks. I'll remove the light sometime in the future. Also, I'm going to get a front bumper for it.

Last edited:
Yup, you read it right. I'm a newbie. The only concern most of you should have is that I'm only 14. I'm liking my experience here already seeing a bunch of other user's blasters and what not, so I figure I'd show mine. She needs a bit of a clean up, I must say. Anything for this little thing.

View attachment 7955 <--- It looks like a broken image icon, but just click it.

I bought off a guy that I'm really good friends with. The motor had just been rebuilt to be a racing engine, and it's got an FMF Fatty pipe so this sucker is LOUD, and I mean it. When I bought it, it hadn't been started in two years and when I started it up, it started up on the first kick. The guy used to race quads back in his glory days, so he still has a Banshee just chilling in his garage. The blaster has a little bit of carburetor problems, but I'll probably just but another one. Did I mention you can only kick start this thing? The light doesn't work, so it's pretty much on there for looks. I'll remove the light sometime in the future.

welcome, looks how my blaster use to be, im guessing thats a 88' or 89' ? also just curiosu how is it a racing engine?

Well, it has enough power to pull an easy wheelie on you in the 3rd gear. That's one of the first indications that it's a racing built engine. And I quote myself, The guy I bought it off of used to race quads back in his day. And he originally got this quad for his daughter, but she never rode it.

This is also the first 2-stroke I've ever owned. I was raised on 4-strokes. The other one that me and my dad somewhat share is 1999 Honda FourTrax 300 2WD.

Well, it has enough power to pull an easy wheelie on you in the 3rd gear. That's one of the first indications that it's a racing built engine. And I quote myself, The guy I bought it off of used to race quads back in his day. And he originally got this quad for his daughter, but she never rode it.

if you just got that i would do a leakdown test asap or you will end up with a hole in your piston like me.....aldo check to make sure its jetted for that fmf

if you just got that i would do a leakdown test asap or you will end up with a hole in your piston like me.....aldo check to make sure its jetted for that fmf

I'm sure it's jetted. It idles perfectly fine.

Also, how do I make a Signature on here? I've been looking and looking and just can't figure it out.

Welcome to the forum. I believe you need at least 30 posts to make a signature. Idling has nothing to do with the main jet. They are two different jets. You need a bigger main jet to compensate for the extra air going through your motor with that FMF pipe.

Welcome to the forum. I believe you need at least 30 posts to make a signature. Idling has nothing to do with the main jet. They are two different jets. You need a bigger main jet to compensate for the extra air going through your motor with that FMF pipe.

Ahh, okie dokie. I figured the jets had to due with the idle. When I get my blaster down here to Florida, I'll go ahead and the leak checks,all that good stuff. It's just sitting in Arizona, at the moment. This kind of stuff is exactly why I'm going to mechanic school.

The pip is an FMF Fatty Pipe, but the silencer however, is a "Bills Pipes" silencer. I believe the silencer I have isn't available anymore. It does an amazing job though.

Welcome. What part of Florida do you live in? My brother lives in West Palm beach, There is nice riding around there.

I'm in somewhere around central Florida. Polk County. In a little town called Mulberry. There's some place in what I think is technically in Haines City, called "River Ranch"
It's a great place to get dirty man, especially after it's been raining a lot lately... in certain spots at least.

There is a jet that affects the idle it is called the pilot jet. You should never have to mess with this one. It is the main jet that needs to be bigger for you pipe.

If you have the stock carb there should be an idle screw under the seat. It is located on top of the TORS unit. A large flat head thumb screw.

There is a jet that affects the idle it is called the pilot jet. You should never have to mess with this one. It is the main jet that needs to be bigger for you pipe.

If you have the stock carb there should be an idle screw under the seat. It is located on top of the TORS unit. A large flat head thumb screw.
When I get the Blaster down here to Florida, I'll check out to see if it's a stock carb or not. Although it does have carb problems. Flow bowl (Float bowl, I don't even know) keeps over flowing. Normally smack it with the handle of a screwdriver a few times fixes it. I'm probably just going to get another carb, though.

When I get the Blaster down here to Florida, I'll check out to see if it's a stock carb or not. Although it does have carb problems. Flow bowl (Float bowl, I don't even know) keeps over flowing. Normally smack it with the handle of a screwdriver a few times fixes it. I'm probably just going to get another carb, though.

Smacking the bowl to stop fuel flowing usually means crap in the needle and seat or a worn out needle.

There is no need to get another carby, just clean and adjust the one you have.

Smacking the bowl to stop fuel flowing usually means crap in the needle and seat or a worn out needle.

There is no need to get another carby, just clean and adjust the one you have.

I was thinking about that too. But before I had time to finish thinking, my father made me change the flat tire on my sister's car. It was pretty easy for me to do, because I practically knew what to do, but it was pretty tiring for my first time. Went to bed after that, tried to get out of bed and pulled a muscle in my right calf. I don't why or how I pulled it, but I did. I was sitting on a cooler as I was changing the tire..