So, I need some advice

R3dtick

Sep 7, 2016
I haven't posted on this site since I sold my last blaster in 2008. I have been completely out of the ATV game for the last 8 years and now I find myself at an impass. I've been looking for something to ride lately and found an 02 blaster localaly for $300 so I picked it up. I've owned multiple blasters in my time but, after reading forums the last 4 hours it seems I have forgot most of everything I learned. It has about 50 lbs of compression so I know it needs a top end. After a shop inventory in the 4 wheeler pile in the corner I have 1 '91 blaster minus the engine, 3 dust covered jugs and heads, a couple carbs, 1 stripped bottom end in a box that I'm sure is missing components and needs all new bearings, abrand new clutch, 3 new blaster gasket sets, a nology hot wire/coil kit, 3 fmf gold pipes and silencers, bad reeds and a lot of hopes and dreams, I have realized I have way more blaster parts around than I thought. But now I have no IDea where to go. My plan is to bore a cylLinder and build a weisco top end, Do a +4 timing mod, rebuild a carb and buy some appropriate jets, and use up some of my existing parts to make it happen. I'm on a tight budget so I'm trying to go as cheap as possible. What else am I missing?

Read more: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/so-i-need-some-advice.65454/#ixzz4JZ67uKQ5

I'd get that $300 Blaster you just bought looked over well. Take a note pad, and write down everything you see wrong or that needs replaced.

All those cylinders, pick a low bore one, and get it bored and matched to the new piston.

Go over the he bottom end well too....keep the notepad handy... do the same thing.

Sell off some of f the extra stuff your not gonna need. A sold pipe or 2 and a cylinder or 2 will bring in a few bucks and should really help get you running again.

I have parts firesale's all the time when I'm trying to hide what I'm doing from the wife! It works!