So I need some advice...

R3dtick

Sep 7, 2016
I haven't posted on this site since I sold my last blaster in 2008. I have been completely out of the ATV game for the last 8 years and now I find myself at an impass. I've been looking for something to ride lately and found an 02 blaster localaly for $300 so I picked it up. I've owned multiple blasters in my time but, after reading forums the last 4 hours it seems I have forgot most of everything I learned. It has about 50 lbs of compression so I know it needs a top end. After a shop inventory in the 4 wheeler pile in the corner I have 1 '91 blaster minus the engine, 3 dust covered jugs and heads, a couple carbs, 1 stripped bottom end in a box that I'm sure is missing components and needs all new bearings, a brand new clutch, 3 new blaster gasket sets, a nology hot wire/coil kit, 3 fmf gold pipes and silencers, bad reeds and a lot of hopes and dreams, I have realized I have way more blaster parts around than I thought. But now I have no IDea where to go. My plan is to bore a cylLinder and build a weisco top end, Do a +4 timing mod, rebuild a carb and buy some appropriate jets, and use up some of my existing parts to make it happen. I'm on a tight budget so I'm trying to go as cheap as possible. What else am I missing?