Skid plates

blastergirl21

Jul 7, 2009
So i was planning on making my own skid plates cuz i already cracked my case and got that fixed. Anyway I was just wondering how can I mount them without having to drill any holes in the frame?

i made my skid long enuf and wide enuf to mount at the front lower bumper bolts,(takes a slight bend upwards), and left about a 2" tab to bend up and mount under the footpegs bolts, then used 3 conduit straps in the middle to keep it from vibrating

i had u-bolts on my old one held for a good while, then a long downhill jump that bottomed me out took care of that, they'll work if your not as wild as me

I used U bolts on mine but I made a small one for the front (where the frame always bends) out of 3mm Steel to strengthan the frame and to protec it but don's drill holes in your frame because it weakens the frame and you can get water in the frame and it can rust!

i used the conduit hanger they work great.the frame is either 3/4'' or 1''.and the arms is the same.if you do both you have to get both them sizes.one size will fit the frame and the other size will fit the arms