shock upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid a little bit more than $20 for a pair but not much more. We'll see how they look when UPS brings them this afternoon. I may realize the folly of my ways or be pleasantly surprised... who knows!

Actually over $50 to the door, pricey for a J-Arm gamble??? :-/
I got my 2005 SUPER CLEAN/MINT front Shee shocks for $57 to the door, perfect shape.

Trust me, I hope all goes well for ya but definitely a pricey gamble for Old School J-Arms that, chances are, have seen their day.

Good luck though, by all means...

I could find any shee shocks on fleabay for less than $100 plus shipping for the pair. Maybe one day I'll break down and spend some real dough on suspension but for now I'll live with a small increase in comfort.

Right now I have approximately $90 in suspension upgrades front and rear. I can't beat that with a stick.

Actually over $50 to the door, pricey for a J-Arm gamble??? :-/
I got my 2005 SUPER CLEAN/MINT front Shee shocks for $57 to the door, perfect shape.

Trust me, I hope all goes well for ya but definitely a pricey gamble for Old School J-Arms that, chances are, have seen their day.

Good luck though, by all means...

And to further re-iterate, using this as an example:

Another $57 to the door shee kit!!!!
Clean 2002 Shee fronts

Throw some shockwears on there and you are GOOD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They were sold yesterday when I looked at your post.

The shee shocks came in yesterday afternoon. I cleaned them up and began playing with them. One of the shocks would not cycle through all the way so I pulled the spring off only to found one of the shafts bent enough to keep it from working properly. :-( The other shock was pretty clean and worked well even considering its age but only one shock worked :-(

I contacted the seller about it and they offered a refund on the set. I eat the shipping costs but that's ok, lesson learned

They were sold yesterday when I looked at your post.

The shee shocks came in yesterday afternoon. I cleaned them up and began playing with them. One of the shocks would not cycle through all the way so I pulled the spring off only to found one of the shafts bent enough to keep it from working properly. :-( The other shock was pretty clean and worked well even considering its age but only one shock worked :-(

I contacted the seller about it and they offered a refund on the set. I eat the shipping costs but that's ok, lesson learned

yeah, figured that was a bit too much of a gamble, at least he will give you your $$$ back.

Then, go get some newer Shee's, they are a great add on and are cheap all day long!!!

Shame you missed those 02's above, they were a great deal. My 2005's were the best deal, at $57 shipped ,and are literally like new, very low hour new Shee take off's for aftermarket hop up, I made out killer with those.

It actually stinks... the one that wasn't bent worked very well.

I think I'm going to wait for front suspension for now. I tried my hand at the front shocks. I have the 400ex rear setup ready to go in when the bushings arrive.

The bushings came in on Friday. I reassmebled the rear shock with the spring now yellow :)-) had to make it match!) and installed on the quad.

I had to turn the preload all the way down to the max to hit the goal of 2" of sag...

I also ended up with the compression and rebound adjustments on the "hard" side but they'll probably need to be to carry my weight around.

I'm not too much into jumping and stuff but will take an increase in comfort anyday and it already feels like it's riding smoother.

I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

The seller refunded the entire purchase and the price of the return shipping! I ate nothing but some tape...

I think I'm going to look for a set of newer banshee shocks. I'm really impressed with the rear already and haven't done anything but ride it around the yard. I think it can only get better with new front shocks.

I got my banshee front shocks today. The seller said that they were low hour and I believe it. They look great!

I'm going to pop them on sometime this weekend.

I got my banshee front shocks today. The seller said that they were low hour and I believe it. They look great!

I'm going to pop them on sometime this weekend.

It's about a 5 minute job to swap the fronts. I changed mine out yesterday along with installing a ex400 rear. Cant wait to ride!

It took a few more than 5 minutes but not a whole lot more.

I jumped on the front bumper before and after. Those stock shocks were like jumping on concrete compared to the shee shocks. After I installed them I was able to jump on the bumper and push the frame almost to the ground but it was a nice controlled sink and then it sprung right back up. I can already tell these will ride a ton better and it hasn't moved since I put them on. I can't wait to take it out and see how it does.

It took a few more than 5 minutes but not a whole lot more.

I jumped on the front bumper before and after. Those stock shocks were like jumping on concrete compared to the shee shocks. After I installed them I was able to jump on the bumper and push the frame almost to the ground but it was a nice controlled sink and then it sprung right back up. I can already tell these will ride a ton better and it hasn't moved since I put them on. I can't wait to take it out and see how it does.

Did you replace the stock rear shock as well? I didn't read the whole thread.

Yep. I put a 400EX rear shock on it.

Not quite a $2,500 set of Elka Elite's or anything but my upgrade is nice on a budget.

Cool...I just did the exact same budget fronts/rear upgrade as you for a total of $65 I:I. The action of the 400ex seems as smooth as butta when compared to the stock rear, and I'm heading out to the desert next weekend to see if can get my monies worth. Can't wait!

I rode it today and the fronts soak up a bunch more than the factory. I can only judge the front because riding in my yard, I hit the ditch out at the road at a clip but the back doesn't really get a workout. Once I take it over to my buddies for a longer ride I'll be able to quote on the "butta"ness of the rear suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.