Safety Glasses FTW!

BustedassYZ

Apr 6, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
Learned my lesson, I was fixing the Exhaust on my truck yesterday and using the grinder with no glasses on. Well sure enough I got some sparks right in the eye. Today I got to visit an Eye surgeon to get all the sh*t removed and the rust scraped out.... No fun!

As of now my eye feels like fire, and the Doc told me no Swimming or doing anything dirty or dusty for a week. So now I don't get to race my bike tomorrow, I don't get to take the Blasty out on Sunday Like I planed, and Me and my friend's had a big thing planed for Monday to float down the river on tubes with a few cases into town and hit hooters at the mouth of the river. But now that's also a no go for me, bummer....

I'm just glad it wasn't real bad and I'm not blind In my right eye, could have been alot worse....

yup only takes once . I'm glad you made it through without permanent injury . I have always wore eye protection , but recently started wearing ear protection even while mowing and weed-eating the yard , gotta protect what yah got , its too easy to lose .

good thing it wasnt permanent, ur lucky

i was grinding something into a point one and i putting alot of weight on it. i had my riding goggles on and i lost my ballance and slipped forward and the point bounced right off my goggles and i fell to the ground, if i wasnt wearing them, which i usually dont, i woulda definitally lost an eye.

been there! only i was sliding under a truck and my arm brushed rust off the frame and BAM middle of my eye. now whenever i work under something i wear glasses

yeah happened to me while grinding outside and the wind blew right at me. i had safety glasses on but 1 piece blew in my eye. didnt know and when i woke up the next morning i could feel something scratch my eyelid when i blinked. when to the eye docs and he had to scrape the rusted piece of metal out...wierd ass and scary feeling with a little spoon scalpel scracthing my eye....

I have done that blowing radiators and such. The last time it cut the outer skin of the eye ball over the lens. They put dye in my eye to find that out. That stuff burned like hell.

o got some rust in my eyey when i was younger putting up a basketball hoop. they used a weird electric toothbrush looking thing with a disk on teh end to get it out..... these days i ALWAYS wear saftey glasses, it only takes a few seconds to find them and put them on.