Running real bad at low rpm and hard to start.

ford88mustang

Sep 27, 2009
When I first got the blaster it would start with the first kick now its wont start at all if its been siting for more then a day or two. I had to get pulled with my friends four wheeler and ride with it in gear in till it started. It didn't take to long only pulled it for about 30ft. But I tried kicking it a number of times and it didn't stat. After it got a little warm it would start right up when I kicked it. One more thing is I know 2 stroke are not to good at lower rpms but mine is really bad. With the throttle wide open it would pick up very slowly but as soon as I hit higher rpms it takes off. Its real hard to climb a little hill with out it stalling. I drove it for a little more then 3 hours today and besides the low rpm problem it ran great. I'm just real confused because if I rev it high and dump the clutch I can do burn outs on pavement but I can barely climb a little hill ?

yeah, check your reeds and plug. sounds like you are a bit rich, what size jet you running? and do you have any mods?

yeah, check your reeds and plug. sounds like you are a bit rich, what size jet you running? and do you have any mods?

I'm sorry, this is my first 2 stroke four wheeler. I don't know to much about it. It does have a full FMF exhaust. Is there any way I can look at the jet and see what I have ? And should I just buy new reeds or clean the ones I have ?

I wanted to try to stat the blaster its about 60 out side and fired right up after two or three kicks. But I'm still having the same problem its bogging at low rpm's.

Oh ya I forgot to add the guy I bought it from said it has been bored ones over.

i would pull the reeds and look at them...u have to pull the carb and manifold and u will find the reeds inbetween the manifold and cylinder..there shouldnt be a gap between them..and shouldnt be any peices of the petals missing..this willl cause ur no bottom end problem...so will a few other things..if all is good there u need to do a compression test..

so ....? did you fix it

I'm going to look at them this weekend.

I was reading a post and they said you can take off your air box lid. So I did that and it gave me more lower end power but still not running right at low rmp. I hope its the reeds. I will post pics of them.

I'm going to look at them this weekend.

I was reading a post and they said you can take off your air box lid. So I did that and it gave me more lower end power but still not running right at low rmp. I hope its the reeds. I will post pics of them.

just watchout you don't run leen with the lid off because you have to re jet if you take the lid off normally