runnin lean?

I2fast4u

Feb 22, 2008
wilkes, NC
ok i still have yet to buy a silencer 4 my blasty
runnin lean that f*cks up ur rings right?
well wat if i ran it 40:1 that would even it out right?

That would actually be more lean. More oil= less gas in the ratio. Its almost the opposite in a way of a 4 stroke. but then too much gas will be lean on oil which will seize it. So 32:1 is the best so you have the best amount of gas and oil. So jetting is your only solution basically.

Jetting is where you buy diff sizes(230) stock in most. You dont have to plug chop a precise method to jet, you can do it by feel really. buy say 240 250 260 270 jets. Progressizly put a bigger number in and ride it. The closer to the correct jet the better and faster it will run. Once you go up another size and it starts to run slower or worse go back to the last size and the main will be really close.

well iv been runnin it 4ever after my baffle fell out
but now my silecer is completely gone n i was wantin to go riding this weekend b4 i try to sell it

yes, there are a couple of threads on here that will guide you through jetting. read it and follow it through, depending on your spark plug, you may need to buy a couple new main jets. they are about 3 bucks so its not expensive.

no baffle won't kill the motor, if jetting is on. You will probably lose some power from backpressure loss though. The expansion chamber does most of the work the baffle only a little.

well let me put it this way
if u guys were me hadnt rode anything in like 2 months n was dyin to ride b4 i sell my blasty n fix up my kx250 would u risk it?

If you knew how to do a plug chop and jetting wasnt off by huge amounts then I would ride. A blown vs. a running blaster will change the price you get. I don't think just the silencer will change it much though.

Do this if you want to be certain it wont blow.
2-Stroke Plug Chop How-to

is that the only way 2 check cause i have absolutly no money to go get some spark plugs n i dont trust myself doin that!!!!!

is your airbox lid off? of so, put it back on and ride it that way, it will richen it up a little and be safe