runing rich what to do

osiris10

May 16, 2011
philadelphia
ok first i did a plug chop im runing a 280 main needle 3 pos oil mix 32-1 fmf fatty power core2 exaust air box lid off i thought it was bored over but came to find out it is a standered bor it starts right up with a little smoke i did a plug chop and it looks rich to me not a tan but more brawn then tan from the middle but from that point up to the top its like a black color is this oil burning and how do i get it to be less rich

260 is to small for a fmf imo with with a lid now lid it is deffanlty to small.......
cant remeber the stock needle postion but if thats not stock i would put it back to stock shouldnt be a need to change the needle for just a pipe and no air box lid
also i dont think you did the plug chop right you should not have color on the hole plug
what did you do for the plug chop?
also if it doesnt bog or anything like that leave it where it is never hurt to be a tad on the rich

actually yes you need to change needle postion if you have a carbourator 1988 to 2002 becasue it wont run right on 2003 and newer you dont have to but i changed my jet to 310 for toomey and someone else did the needle postion change for me idk waht jet u need for fmf

ok what i did was warm the bike up first then put a new spark plug in i went through all gears up to 5th half throttle till 5th then full throttle pulled clutch shut it of came to a rolling stop took the plug out and cut it i will take pictures and post them after the holladays cant really mess with it but it is crisp no hesotation it dont bogg out in any gears but the color on the plug is funny like i said it has that tan mark on it but from there on up its dark almost black im thinking that i need to get it honed and new rings im thinking oil is getting past the rings just a little

ok what i did was warm the bike up first then put a new spark plug in i went through all gears up to 5th half throttle till 5th then full throttle pulled clutch shut it of came to a rolling stop took the plug out and cut it i will take pictures and post them after the holladays cant really mess with it but it is crisp no hesotation it dont bogg out in any gears but the color on the plug is funny like i said it has that tan mark on it but from there on up its dark almost black im thinking that i need to get it honed and new rings im thinking oil is getting past the rings just a little

ok il start with this you only do one throttle postion per spark plug so half throttle then full throttle doesnt tell you anything.
you need to warm it up throw a new plug in and then go full throttle for the main jet and only full throttle til 6th gear pull the clutch and kill the motor...
then half throttle is needl and needle clip postion..... so half throttle is for your needle the fact that its tan at the bottom and realy dark up tells me your needles to rich but cant comfirm that because you did more then one throttle postion with that plug.....
the very bottom of the plug is your reading for full throttle the middle is for 1/2 and the tip for for pilot and air screw
do another plug chop the right way this time....
also tranny oil doesnt touch the cylinder on a 2 stroke thats why you mix oil with the gas so trust me thats not your problem

ok first i got the directions to do the plug chop on here. Well found out that was wrong did it the way hudack said and i got it perfict a nice tan smoke ring.The bike is running right on now theres no smoke like befor no hesitation its really crisp to the touch no bogging down, backfireing,or nothing . Im runing a 280 main with the air screw almost 2 turns out this blaster really gets it for a 200cc this is my wifes bike and she said if she didnt have something to ride then i wasnt going to hatfeild macoy west verginia this weekend so my last couple of weeks were kind of long and frusterating, for if you go through these posts you will relies all the problems i was going through. so thanks to all those good people on this forum im going to west vergina this weekend off course with the wife lol