Rotax 617 into my 94' ZR-440

Honed out all of the cylinders today, also got parts ordered for both engines. Need to prep the gasket surfaces and some other odds and ends so I can get the engines together when the parts come in. Going to try and figure out other ways to get that engine into the bay to simplify the engine mount. The clutch spacing I will try and get to be the same as my FIII to also take the guess work out of the belt.

Well, got most of my parts ordered. Instead of taking one piston off my order like I asked they took both off -.- so tuesday my triple will be rebuilt. The 617 for this project just needs the carbs cleaned and the engine mount fabbed then she's ready to drop in!

photobucket-25723-1350106795697.jpg

Carbs are cleaned and synced! Going to be using steel for the engine mount since I can weld it up. Just gotta get some clutch measurements off the F3 so I can use the belt from it. Until then going to finish up some of the wiring details and keep cracking on my car project :p Some pics for the time being:

photobucket-1983-1350539103202.jpg

Oil cable is screwed on the triple so I'll need to pick another one up -.-

photobucket-2442-1350539070317.jpg

not done yet, but it's not forgotten! Just started my new job where I have access to a lathe and mill so I can finish that driveshaft, as well as a TIG welder that can do stainless and aluminum. So engine mounts I might just change to aluminum for the sake of weight savings.

Been busy with work and getting ready for the up and coming airsoft and paintball season. Also decided to spend more time riding this winter than working on sleds lol.

like to see the finish for sure.
Time to get the blasty top notch for the season, then onto my exciter 570, top end rebuild and some clutch work. gonna use exciter 2 head gaskets for higher comp, K&N pods and jetting to match. to get her ready for next winter.
Started running lean on the left cylinder end of the season.
My buddy built a sled this winter, Polaris 750, turned it into an 800 triple and that thing is scary nasty fast.
we love sick sleds in my parts hehe.

sounds like you have your work cut out for you too lol

Got in some good rides with the F3 this year, runs like a top. Was keeping up with my buddies 2012 Snopro 800 on the straight sections and was kicking his ass in the tree's :p

Got this project in the works, blaster still needs quite a bit of things done to it before its ready for some seat time. Our trail boss needs the top end freshened up and the output shaft on the trans replaced. Truck needs the transmission rebuilt in it, going to do some other work in it as well. Also have a classic Sansui amp to refurbish and a set of speakers to build that will be powered by it. Currently though the shop is getting cleaned out, but as soon as that is done its time to get cracking :p

a year later and not a single update... until now! Managed to get a wicked deal on a spool gun for the mig, so I can finally start in on that engine mount! Also, trashed my skidoo F3 (we had one hell of a run though) soo going to be gutting that and seeing where that takes me!