rolling chassis

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
Right guys I haven't been on this in god knows how long but I may need your help soon my mate knows a guy who has a blaster with no engine ive yet to see the blaster which could be tomorrow some time its up for sale at £120 that's around $180 he says he's nearly sure everything is there apart from the engine obviously. The reason I am posting this thread is I was actually thinking about putting something with a bit more power than the standard blaster engine on there! Any suggestions on an engine? I would be hoping to put a 2 stroker in there from 125 upwards! What do you's think would it be ideal or is it way too much work I'm running on a budget of around £500/$740 this is for the parts and engine etc as I know a few guys who can help me out with the engine mountings and exhaust fabbing

Unless you can get a motor for under 500 i wouldnt suggest this. around me a motor costs upwards of 1000

its been done before. dave did a 125 and didnt like the power (would be less than stock blaster) so he did a 250 2 stroke

actually herp, the 125 has more power than the stock blaster motor by a lot. what it lacks is gearing. after I hit 5th gear, it couldn't gain speed and fell off the pipe and just slowed down. had to down shift into 4th and keep it there. using 5th and 6th was not an option. I wasn't going to spend the time and play with gearing to get those 2 gears back. wasn't worth my time. I would recommend either keeping a blaster motor in it, a dt200 or a 250 swap. the 250 being the last resort.

if you can do a swap for $740, I commend you. my swap cost me well above that number.

actually herp, the 125 has more power than the stock blaster motor by a lot. what it lacks is gearing. after I hit 5th gear, it couldn't gain speed and fell off the pipe and just slowed down. had to down shift into 4th and keep it there. using 5th and 6th was not an option. I wasn't going to spend the time and play with gearing to get those 2 gears back. wasn't worth my time. I would recommend either keeping a blaster motor in it, a dt200 or a 250 swap. the 250 being the last resort.
So not enough power to run you around without a lot of work

A guy locally just sold an rm250 full bike for £250 had a clutch problem was acting as if he was holding it in the whole time! Could've been my chance lol!

This could be the one :p lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-30-05-32-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-30-05-32-16.png
    721.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
So not enough power to run you around without a lot of work
it had plenty of power to move me around from 1st-4th and was pretty fast for what it was. just the gearing dropped off after 4th gear. cant keep moving if your gearing drops off. pretty close to 1:1 in 4th on a quad, at least in the cr trans. not sure about any other brands.

I'll have to contact him tomorrow to find out all the details! If I do go for this project will I need to get myself a yz250 exhaust as well? Or does the standard blaster one do fine ? I dont know a while lot about exhausts to be fair.

I'll have to contact him tomorrow to find out all the details! If I do go for this project will I need to get myself a yz250 exhaust as well? Or does the standard blaster one do fine ? I dont know a while lot about exhausts to be fair.
Yes you will need a pipe made for the 250 motor
2 strokes are pretty specific as to the size of the pipes

more than likely you will have to have a welder modify the pipe to fit within the frame. but regardless it has to be a yz250 pipe

This is where most people screw up motor swaps. The trick is that you can't change the cone length or the volume of the pipe. If you need to make a bend, you have to take a wedge out of 1 side of the cone and add it back into the other side. Although I commend you on your enthusiasm, this is a project that is beyond the capabilities of 95% of people. 90% of motor swaps never get finished and 97% of the ones that do get finished never run as good as an original built motor is capable of. If your goal is to have a cheap, fast bike, this is not the way to acheive that goal. Even if this swap is successful, you still need to address the mediocre suspension and lousy brakes.

Right guys I haven't been on this in god knows how long but I may need your help soon my mate knows a guy who has a blaster with no engine ive yet to see the blaster which could be tomorrow some time its up for sale at £120 that's around $180 he says he's nearly sure everything is there apart from the engine obviously. The reason I am posting this thread is I was actually thinking about putting something with a bit more power than the standard blaster engine on there! Any suggestions on an engine? I would be hoping to put a 2 stroker in there from 125 upwards! What do you's think would it be ideal or is it way too much work I'm running on a budget of around £500/$740 this is for the parts and engine etc as I know a few guys who can help me out with the engine mountings and exhaust fabbing
I have a husky cr 125 in iT And my Son is riding with THE 450 atvs in THE Same class And is als gast als them . 125 mx engine is faster then Anny Blaster engine

I ment That my Son is als fast als THE 450 atvs on track