rockstars duner project

and still could taken more.. i'll maybe post up my cut stock frame later

When I built my drag frame from a stocker, we removed all of the straight frame tubes one at a time and welded back in chromoly tubes. We also used 5/8 chromoly on the sub frame, all custom. Get rid of your stock foot peg mounts and get some round aluminum turned down for a tight fit and stick them in back frame tube. This works good if someone gnarls them for grip. We also removed all of the gussets, every single one, but my bike only went straight 300 ft at a time. We also built custom a arms out of chromoly with custom spindles. Built a steering stem from chromoly also. You can save a bunch of weight there too. On a side note the owner of the bike, was 380 lbs and he occasionally raced it when I had other plans. In the end it had a 580 on nitrous and never hurt the frame and this thing got beat up with his big ass on it.

Frame is looking good tho. Just giving you some suggestions not critilizing anything your doing except for have a purple frame! HAHA j/k. Looks good!

well thanks. 370's project is more of a drag only project, thats why he took more stuff off the frame. mine is gonna still climb hills. idk about spending all the cash for a chromoly frame. if i do put chromoly parts on it will be a subframe. just going for a clean look. with a little weight savings as i go.

i didnt weigh the frame cuz its still a roller. i only saved a few lbs, nothing to get excited about. i amy remove more down the road.......its still in decision mode....dont wanna ride a noodle and have it bend if i hit a whoop section in the dunes at the bottom of the hill or if the hill peaks a bit and sends me slightly airborne.....

When I built my drag frame from a stocker, we removed all of the straight frame tubes one at a time and welded back in chromoly tubes. We also used 5/8 chromoly on the sub frame, all custom. Get rid of your stock foot peg mounts and get some round aluminum turned down for a tight fit and stick them in back frame tube. This works good if someone gnarls them for grip. We also removed all of the gussets, every single one, but my bike only went straight 300 ft at a time. We also built custom a arms out of chromoly with custom spindles. Built a steering stem from chromoly also. You can save a bunch of weight there too. On a side note the owner of the bike, was 380 lbs and he occasionally raced it when I had other plans. In the end it had a 580 on nitrous and never hurt the frame and this thing got beat up with his big ass on it.

Frame is looking good tho. Just giving you some suggestions not critilizing anything your doing except for have a purple frame! HAHA j/k. Looks good!
you got pics of this drag frame? sounds like a nice project....

I can't find any of my old pics of the Banshee or the Blaster we build for drag racing since I have moved. It was before I believed in digital cameras. HAHA. I have asked a couple of guys that raced with us and they tell me they will get me some but haven't.
I'll keep looking, I need to check my parents house one of these days.

Building it was as fun as racing it!

Whatcha using for the grinding?
I like to use a 36grit flap wheel and then follow that up with a 120 grit flapper.
That way no marks show up after sandblasting.
I never liked the look of the stock headlights on a Shee so,
heres my version of a headlight delete I:I
PB290004.jpg

PB290005.jpg