rockstars duner project

for the record it wont stay purple..hahaha all the welds are getting smoothed also.

what a pile-0-sh*t cockstar.....lol jkjkjkjk man easy now calm down there ya go now take a drink does that feel better ....goooood

more progress.....

000_0074.jpg

000_0073.jpg

000_0072.jpg

000_0071.jpg

000_0070.jpg

got a good portion of the welds smooth, and finished cutting whats gonna be removed. there are a few spots that are getting some gussets, like in front of the motor mounts, and between the frame rails, where i cut the factory one out. still strong and stable, and also lighter than stock.....

plans for the engine are a passion racing ported trued and welded 4 mil stroker, shearer in frames, advanced timing, 34mm keihins, uni pods, upp intakes, coolhead with custom cut domes, billet basket, heavy duty clutch, custom shift drum, shift pro, and modded shift star, billet impellar.

also gets a 4 over round carrier swinger....silver vein one, the bare one is the one on my trail bike
DSC02592.jpg

having a rear shock done by GT thunder, and probly going to run works fronts.

not running front brakes, gutting the mounts off the spindles, removing the discs, milling the brake mounts off the hubs, and milling the hubs on the inside..sort of like an LT250R hub. also going to run a wave rotor in the rear with a stainless braided brake line. i have a chrome LSR +1 antivibe stem with a billet cascade clamp for it also.

should be a pretty nice project, and pretty fast...370 has run this setup b4, and it was impressive.....hope i get the same results...ill keep you posted, hope somebody is interested...ahahahaha

those first gen banshee's have funny a-arms haha, lookin good so far though! love seeing these old hawgs get all redone, given a new life

j arm bikes are the red headed step child...nobody wants em. but for something like this they are great. cuz they are lighter. not as much frame, and just that top j arm....thats why i picked this bike.....i coulda used an a arm chassis, but this was just sitting there calling my name..hahaha

yeah blasters always had a arms, they never gave them this style arm....surprisingly tehy make +2 arms for these too. im not running them, just changing the shocks. i wnat a nice ride, but dont really need the wideness for stability.....dual duty, duner/drag racer. if i wanna climb hills i can, if i wanna do some drag racing i can. est 85hp.....i think it will be fun....

lookin good bro, thats a helluva pile of trimmed frame pieces!!!!

cant wait for it to get finished!!!!! looking awesome, and at first i was like god dam those j-arms are ugly lmao!! but looks like yall working hard on it. great job.

lookin good bro, thats a helluva pile of trimmed frame pieces!!!!
its not all there either..haha the 2 down tubes are on the bench, cuz i thought about reusing them as gussets..but i have a different idea. i'm shaving ounces now, shaving all the welds smooth, and drilling holes in a few spots for looks and less weight.

im almost to the point where i have to fill/patch with the welder. then back to grinding!!! then after all the grinding, its off to sanding...gotta smooth out the grind marks so it wont show thru the powdercoat.....

still debating putting on a integrated grab bar. they look sick, but i hear there are issues. i hate the look of the flat tabs, and an added grab bar with no rear fenders....ill search for a pic of what im lookin at doin....

cant wait for it to get finished!!!!! looking awesome, and at first i was like god dam those j-arms are ugly lmao!! but looks like yall working hard on it. great job.
yeah time consuming as hell. j arms are wierd/ugly/funny..etc. but when you wanna light bike, its a good platform to start with....im not a fan of them, but for this project, i had to have it.....i actualyl traded a 2001 a arm frame for this....kinda crazy yeah, but i have 2 other a arm frames, it was time for a change......so i went nutzo on this....

SAND ONLY!! i would never do this to a trail bike....ill probly drag race it a bit here in dirt too, but not a trail bike by any means

The frame looks ALOT cleaner without all the extra fat on it.
Care to detail what all you removed?

who built the swingarm??
the stock length (trail bike, bare in picture) swingarm was built by slc quad customs, paid 200. the 4 over was built by some dude on ebay. he had a whole lot of them and sold them for 150 each. he was getting out of building them or something....and ebay deleted his account......cuz after i bought it, ebay sent me an e-mail, and i couldnt find anything on him. his listing was gone, and it disappeared out of "my ebay".....luckily i got mine....a friedn of mine ordered the same one, and he got his also....

The frame looks ALOT cleaner without all the extra fat on it.
Care to detail what all you removed?
wow, this is going to take a bit....gotta think.

removed:

down tubes (above motor mounts)(they are getting custom gussets)
front bumper mounts
rear plastics mounts
rear electronics mount (running a gb bracket eventho i dont need it either. only thing i need is a cdi and coil)
tors mount
cable loop (under gas tank)
front brake line mounts (frame)
front brake line holders (upper j arms)
rear stock silencer mounts (running center mounted silencers)
stock front plastic mounts (removed by previous owner. 2 tabs in front of engine that hold the lower mount....the black bar...)
headlight mounts (dune only, dont need em, cant ride the dunes in the dark anyways)
lower x shaped gusset (making a replacement thats lighter and better looking)
front x shaped gusset (the one with 3 holes in it)
chain roller mounts (they are a pain, i dont run em. just a slider on the swinger)
front brake discs (still there now, but are coming off)

cut down:

all existing frame gussets (all the small ones)
shock mounts
front hubs (soon, removing the brake disc mounts)
grab bar mounts (possibly doing an integrated grab bar)
smoothed all welds
drilling holes in a few unseen spots, maybe a few seen ones

if i think of any more, ill edit and post.....