Rm500 blaster build

yeah i got it off craigslist and yeah ive found out its an 83 or 84 and parts are hard to come by so im not sure what ima do its a good motor so ima probably run it till it goes boom and find something else and yeah its only got 3 wires so i fiqured 1 is ground 1 is cdi and 1 is coil but i dont know i have a black w/red a black w/white and red w/white but if someone can help it would be great

I think it seen it on there. If it's the same one, the guy has an LT 250 that I think it was on.

yeah carnz is right i was talking about the wires coming from the magneto and yeah its the same craigs ad im picking up the 250r tomorrow cant wait but thank you to everyone with info it helps

so should i put the motor on the blaster or on the lt250r either one would be bad ass but just think about the responce i would get when i tell people i have a blaster 500cc sh!t would hit the fan it would be awsome but id probably kill myself but i was thinking a 6" stretch on the swing arm wider a arms and a widened rear axle

I wouldn't put an outdated obsolete engine on a quad frame. You can't even buy a piston for it. If you have one that's in good shape, you should part the engine. I'm sure someone with an actual RM500 would thank you profusely for engine parts

welllll you can get a piston, but only Suzuki OEM STD Bore and its $485! http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/...RM500_(1984)/CRANKSHAFT/091050002/56091050004

just being difficult here lol. i checked with my buddy at a suzuki dealer and they are still available, and the oversze .50 piston listed there is not.

definately not worth it to try to run that engine, if you have a failure in any other part your chances of replacing it with new are incredibly slim, the used parts on ebay are always a tossup.

like sicivic said, sell it to a RM500 owner, or re-sell it on ebay, im sure you could turn a profit on those rare beasts.

so should i put the motor on the blaster or on the lt250r either one would be bad ass but just think about the responce i would get when i tell people i have a blaster 500cc sh!t would hit the fan it would be awsome but id probably kill myself but i was thinking a 6" stretch on the swing arm wider a arms and a widened rear axle

How are going to put it on the Blaster if you have the Blaster for sale?

well i put my blaster on craigs to see what i can get for it and i do have another blaster that is completely apart and now i have a lt250r that ima put an engine on soi have alot to deel with

well as for the wiring i got it all figured out but i still dont know what i should do put it on the blaster or put it back on the lt250r or should i try selling the motor for a profit and find a more up to date motor if anyone out there knows of someone who would want this motor PM me but untill then im gonna plan to use it

yeah i can understand cutting up a blaster frame is a waste cuz if something happens to the motor im stuck but if i put the motor back on the lt250r that its already set up for then what do i have to loose the motor only cost me $100 complete ready to run

Check prices on ebay for the motor parts for an RM500. It may be very worth your time to part out the motor you have. A few years ago I bought a 79 XR500 for like $80. Needed a few parts and didnt run. I was going to fix it until I started looking for parts. They were outrageous. A lot of guys use those motors for Vintage Flattrack racers. I decided to part it out and made like $350 on motor parts alone. Vintage MX guys are always looking for obscure parts like that too. May be able to make some quick easy cash to put towards something better and easier to get parts for.

even if you do put it in a quad frame the vibes would be horrible, youd have to tighten your bolts like every hour, and the motor mounts would likly break.

yeah i just posted the whole motor on ebay to see if it will sell like i said if anyone knows someone who might want the motor let me know thanks guys

Looks like you already doubled your money in he first day. Not bad. Are you going to list the exhaust as well

yeah i planned on listing the exhaust too but what do you know i got someone from Australia that hit the buy now and screwed my whole listing up even though i said no international shipping so now i have to repost it and hopefully the other guy still wants it

That sucks. I have had a few people do that to me on ebay. People just don't read the listings. Good luck with the sale. If it doesn't go this time you should consider breaking it down. You may pull more money that way. I'm sure the cases, cylinder, head, crank, and carb would probably bring close to what you want for it anyway. And if the piston is good it may be a cheaper option for some one who doesn't want to drop 400 on one.

the only safe(in terms of part availability) way to run the RM500 engine now would be to have the cylinder nikasil plated to STD bore then run a Suzuki piston. but unfortunately, after nikasil and the goddamn piston it would be a $700 job. at least that way you know you could just re-plate versus the impossible task of finding good overbore pistons