riding gear mx gear questions..

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
im lookin into gettin mx boots.. i dont race but on days i ride aggressive i allways end up twistin my ankle and its furstrating and effects my riding performance..

soo.. do you get what you pay for?? or will the cheaper stuff be ok for me for trail riding..

this is the stuff im lookin at.. input is greatly needed.. also side note.. with riding boots how the fk do you keep your feet warm in the winter for riding??

eBay Motors: Dirt bike Mx Atv Motocross Motorcycle Boots Size 13 (item 390045558807 end time May-19-09 11:48:29 PDT)

eBay Motors: NEW VEGA NITRO OFFROAD MOTOCROSS MX BOOTS SIZE 13 C/O (item 390044499678 end time Apr-22-09 10:49:19 PDT)

i know these are good.. but a lil higher price than i think i should be spending
eBay Motors: NEW THOR QUADRANT MOTORCYCLE MOTORCROSS MX BOOT SIZE 13 (item 230333064609 end time Apr-22-09 17:46:29 PDT)

eBay Motors: FLY VIPER OFF ROAD MX BOOT - RED/BLK sz13 (item 110372660336 end time May-03-09 13:56:58 PDT)

these msr's dont seem to bad??
eBay Motors: MSR RACING VX1 Adult MX Boot: Black Size 13 (item 390043029659 end time May-08-09 13:57:52 PDT)

now.. on to chest protectors/ roost protectors

eBay Motors: Thor Force 2009 Chest Protector MX FMX ATV - Size XL (item 120376224767 end time May-10-09 13:25:55 PDT)

eBay Motors: ALPINESTARS STORM MX CHEST PROTECTOR BLACK XL (item 110379502826 end time May-20-09 00:57:37 PDT)

now.. with chest protectors.. id like something that will be some what comfortable to wear all day.. same with boots... any thoughts???

Last edited by a moderator:
it is true. more money is better. i have some cheap AXO boots that cost me $99.00 and they are ok. if i could go back and spend a little more, i would get some Alpinestars boots. as far as keeping your feet warm in the winter, just wear wool socks. thats what i do. works great.

chest protectors i know nothing about. i dont have one. i want one, but i cant find one that fits me right because most are One Size Fits all.

yeah... i know nothing about riding gear except helmets and my fox gloves are the chit!!!

i wear a 13 W boot normally so idk if i will have problems findin a mx boot that wil fit me and not kill my feet, like i said i dont race mx i just want some decent gear to keep me a lil safer on the trails... mx boots to keep from twistin ankles... and chest protector to help if i should happen to hit atreet or my bars.. ya know??? i gotta kid, and another on the way and i dont want my kids to grow up with daddy in a wheel chair or something

djack.. what you know about winter??? lol you ever had -40 temps out there in commieforina??? lol

on the chest protector i bought one off ebay and took it too a race and it was just falling off of me i would go to a dealer and try some on and ask for them to help if they will to fitting one and know the size and buy one off ebay if you dont wanna spend the money for a new one mine was fox and fit perfect for 72 dollars you want the bottom of it just above your belly button is what i was told by the guy who fit mine for me

me personally would go with the thor quadrants and go with the shift roost protector, motorsports.com they are like 70, i have the shift, it is awesome, i have alpinestar boots,but my brother has the quadrants and i wore them when i was home on leave, comfy as hell,

me personally would go with the thor quadrants and go with the shift roost protector, motorsports.com they are like 70, i have the shift, it is awesome, i have alpinestar boots,but my brother has the quadrants and i wore them when i was home on leave, comfy as hell,

good to know.. like i said.. i need something i ran ride in for 3-8 hours and not have blisters and what not... guy that was riding at dyracuse with us two weeks ago had some nice boots but he had to take them off between rides cuz they werent comfy, his conly complaint on riding boots were down shifting when hittin rough sections of the trails ( feet bouncing around and would hit the shifter)

well my alpinestars i ride for like 6 7 hrs and i have no problems, i use them while i ride the motorcycle too, best pair of boots i ever had, granted they were expensive but you get what you pay for most of the time, but from experience the quadrants are sweet