Riding and then blaster died.... will not start again

jerry7297

Feb 15, 2016
So I recently replaced the air filter on my 05. Blaster was bogging down a little, so I adjusted the Air/fuel screw and the idle screw on the TORs brick (TORs has been disabled). Worked better for a quick spin. Then went back out and it died on the way back.... Now it will not start for anything. This blaster always started after a kick or 2. Not sure what happened, any suggestions?

I have already checked carb out and all was good, also replaced the Spark plug (NGK B8ES) just in case.

You went from a stock filter to an aftermarket air filter ?
They flow better and require 1-2 sizes larger main jet to compensate for the increased airflow.

Hopefully you didn't fry the piston ?

Check compression with a known good tester.

Check Reed petals...all 4 intact and not cracked

Reactions: Lyndle
This filter may flow a little better I didnt think it would. I need a new leak down tester. I will be hitting you up Awk08 for one of your quality ones sir.

I will check reeds today, I just checked them about 2 weeks ago. As far as the "Piston being fried" possibly. Would this mean the rings are not keeping any compression??? This thing just doesnt want to start, is there something that could have come unplugged somewhere? Just seems weird it stop in the middle of it being ridden. Thank you for the reply.

When installing the new Reeds, do you remove the stock reed stops ??? It comes with a "REV plate". Do you just install that?

When installing the new Reeds, do you remove the stock reed stops ??? It comes with a "REV plate". Do you just install that?

No, reuse the stock curved Reed stops for longer petal life.
Those little flat bars provided with the new reeds are designed to fail, so they can sale you another set, and another , ext.