replacement carb question

I wouldn't use it. There are plenty of OEM Blaster carbs around. Why stick on some generic POS that nobody knows anything about? This is a good sign that something is askew.

what size jets are in this

A:
Not 4 sure...I sent the one I order back....it wasn't the rite one for my bike....
Glen White answered on May 11, 2015

A:
Don't know
Glen White answered on May 11, 2015

A:
195 and 22.5 last time we took one apart and checked :)
Wholesale Cycle answered on May 11, 2015

I am not 1000% sure but It sure looks fine to me. The only thing is you will most likely need to re jet it. Not a big deal if you still have your stock carb,,,then you can just put the jets from the original blaster carb in this. If you don't have the original carb you can simply order the jets you need. I also believe the twist throttle cable is the same as a tors delete cable so that would be the one you need. I will check on that and get back to you about it. Also that looks like a great deal. If you do buy it report back to what jetting is in there. Most likely it doesn't come with the slide and needle so you will need to use the one you have if you still have it.

thats a genuine mikuni vm 26 from sudco, a very reputable carb/jetting supplier.
http://www.sudco.com/
includes a tors delete cap and side mount idle screw !
you'll need a tors delete cable to run that to our thumb throttles.
I'd call sudco directly and ask if they could install the stock blaster jetting/slide and needle, or have one specifically for blasters in that price range, and maybe also supply you a range of mains for any mods you have or may do in the future (usually 270 thru 330 will cover most mods/pipes the stock carb will support)

Reactions: Fast6hand
So even though its a 26vm It may not have a "jetting/slide and needle"
So no slide or needle in there?

You type in "Yamaha Blaster Carb" and this what comes up as a replacement. .. I know a head scratcher. $91 off ebay!!

I understand putting the stock needle and jetting in for a blaster. That's a given. (I have 230-320 jets)
I got a $200 dead Blaster and the TORs and Carb top are stripped completely. I have all the internal parts.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 8.52.39 AM.png

Spec page.

Interesting, I'll keep looking. That is what comes up on ebay and amazon for Blaster replacment Carbs.

I see nothing wrong at all with the carb but as stated in the above replies you are going to have to jet it correctly to your bike which means possibly switching out the needle, pilot jet, and main jet.

I pretty much took into account the needle, main & pilot jets would have to be changed to Blaster specs. The connection ends seem right. The only question lies in the "nozzle or needle jet" sleeve in the carb.

In all honesty if that thing works its a good deal for dead blasters that are missing them, with the option of a "new" carb on a rebuild. Thats a good $.

Stock nozzle is: P-6 or 2.680
vm26 606 is: O-0 or 2.600

Last edited:
So is there a way to compensate for the .080 difference in the nozzle jet. Can you replace the nozzle jet?
Since its a leaner nozzle, can you jet higher or raise the needle?

I've looked for information on removing the "emulsion tube/needle jet" but can not come up with much. It does not look like the blaster carb's comes out to easy.

But a P-6 @ 2.680 is the goal i am sure.

The blaster needle Jet/emulsion tube usually comes out very easy (as long as it isn't corroded as heck). I haven't ever had a problem with taking one out. The carb you listed should be the same. All in all it should be the same carb as the blaster just different internals by the looks of it. Swap your (stock blaster carb internals) over to the new carb..

Btw: What is wrong with your stock carb ? I am assuming you must still have it since you planned on using the jets out of it ?

It may work ok with leaning the needle out but "what needle" that's the question. Best to just switch the needle jet/emulsion tube/nozzle jet . Then you will have a new same as stock blaster carb just without the oil injection tube..

Have you tried calling Sudco as stated previously? They may have this same carb in just different set ups. ??

Btw: What is wrong with your stock carb ? I am assuming you must still have it since you planned on using the jets out of it ?

The threads are stripped on the cap and carb body. Air Leak City. Thats how she came this time. $200 total package Blaster. I have 2 other blasters so I have a collection of jets.

So you got nothing top lose in trying to get the needle jet out.. Like I said I have never had a prob taking them out.. Btw,,, they come out from the bottom (bowl) up through the top where the cap would be. If you can find a small end of a socket that just fits inside the aluminum and covers most of the brass give it a tap with hammer and she should come right out.

You may want to spray some PB blast and let it soak for a few min first though..

Thanks, the nozzle slid right out of the bunk carb. At this point its getting the vm26 606 in hand. Should have most of the angles covered to get it to Blaster specs.

Reactions: jus_me