remote car starters.

IHATEU

Mar 25, 2009
Holly, MI
anyone ever install one, i was thinking of trying it on my girls new jeep liberty but i don't want to screw anything up.

i've done a few oly cuz i got paid to do it. it can be a real pain but your best bet is to just go and get it installed that way if it messes up you can blame them and give them hell about it lol. but if you do it yourself get a dmm and play hide and seek for the right wires. 12v constant. ACC, ignition1, and ignition2.

Have it done............. You dont want to mess up the wiring. Trust me on this one.

a place called car tunes has one for $139 installed, i had one done there before it definitely wasn't the greatest but it started the car and you can't beat the price, best buys cheapest was $100 more installed.

a place called car tunes has one for $139 installed, i had one done there before it definitely wasn't the greatest but it started the car and you can't beat the price, best buys cheapest was $100 more installed.

you get what you pay for... the bulldog is one of the nicer ones.... pricey for the one i have mine is the rs1300e???? MSRP is like $150

I ordered a compustar unit and will be attempting to install it in my wife's neon this weekend. It should be pretty easy since her car has no power locks, windows, or keyless entry. I just bought the one button remote start kit. So, we'll see!

My uncle did it just the other day. He said it wasn't to hard. The instructions tell you what to do. Jut match the wires and your done. But I know on some of the newer cars they have chips in the keys so with some cars its not going to work.