what colors should I go with

• black frame w/ kawi green a arms an swinger

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • black frame with red a arms an swinger

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

dakine97

Jan 4, 2012
So I my frame got screwed from me ridin wheelies on it and dumping it this summer and I broke the grab bar off again last week. So I picked up another frame and I want to change up my colors me an dad came up with a few color scheme. A black frame with kawi green swinger and a arms. Or red swinger an a arms with black frame. My plastics are gonna be my white rears and my yellow hood possibly painted white I don't know any other ideas if you guys have one throw it at me

What color is the frame that your gonna be painting now ? I personally like the orginal silver/metallic color for the frame, and rustoleum makes a nice metallic color thats available in spray cans and its pretty damn close to the original frame color ... I have used it with great results, it goes and stays on nicely and holds up well even after all the abuse from loose stone, branches and debree from trail riding !

Regardless of what color you choose, DO NOT get a cheap no name brand of paint or it will show. Spray paint is cheap so just spend the couple extra bucks and buy a quality paint !

The frame is the stock silver but I don't like it I'm painting the whole thing with krylon paint I've had good results with that on other builds

That's cool man, to each their own ... And nothing wrong with krylon, they make a quality product as well. Being that I now know you are not a fan of the metallic I would hafto say go with the black and red color scheme, I don't think youll be able to find a green in spray even close to the Kawasaki green. They do however make some nice reds .

i painted my white frame with krylon and its just now wearing off it was painted 3 years ago

My brother painted his frame with the expensive paint from o'reilys and it started wearing off in a month... depends on how and where you ride.

I say black and red stuff. But try to powder coat as much as you can

Yeah powder coat is always better but it can get costly. As long as you clean/prep the parts your gonna paint good, use a quality paint and don't over spray, good results can be achieved with spray paint. I even painted my front bumper using rustoleum spray paint and it has held up very well through all the trail riding and brush I ride through. Just remember PREP, THIN COATS, AND SUFFICIENT DRY TIME BETWEEN COATS !

update I went with just a yellow frame so i would save myself alot of grinding and just left the a arms an swinger blue and im gonna just throw my white plastics back on

Yeah powder coat is always better but it can get costly. As long as you clean/prep the parts your gonna paint good, use a quality paint and don't over spray, good results can be achieved with spray paint. I even painted my front bumper using rustoleum spray paint and it has held up very well through all the trail riding and brush I ride through. Just remember PREP, THIN COATS, AND SUFFICIENT DRY TIME BETWEEN COATS !

Let me add one thing to this important information.

Rub down well between every coat to provide a key for the next coat.